Translation text:
    On the way to the never ending journey

Back to work
    Working after hurricane

Starring: Hong Kong Workers
    Everybody back to work

• 0_1539706770481_返工2.0.jpg

Translation text:
    The second disaster documentary film in Hong Kong history, created by 7 million Hong Kong workers

Kwun Tong line, Tsuen Wan line, Island line
    and Tseung Kwan O line have train delay
    Thousands of people waiting inside and outside to gates
    When can we go back to work...

Presented by KCASH
    Back to work 2.0 - Trains go nuts

2018.10.18 A film performed by All Hong Kong citizens
    Special thanks to the MTR Corporation

Starring: Hong Kong workers and MTR staffs

• 0_1539707460212_返工3.jpg

Translation text:
    Back to work by foot la 3 - The collapse of 3 lines

Starring: Hong Kong workers

Continue to claw your way to work
    HONGKONGESE presents

Note:
    "Ding hard up" is direct literal translation of "頂硬上", meaning "Brace oneself and bear it".
    DLLM is the short form of a Chinese swear pharse, meaning "fuxk your mom".

• I hope you’re not offended if I say that the humour in these is probably somewhat culturally specific?

• @Gurth said in Some (fake) film posters:

the humour in these is probably somewhat culturally specific?

@Tsaukpaetra seems to like it.

Oh, wait.... :trollface:

• Notification Spam Recipient

@TimeBandit said in Some (fake) film posters:

I think the posters are self-deprecating satire?

Seems fine to me...

• @cheong said in Some (fake) film posters:

0_1539706426685_返工.jpg
    Translation text:
    On the way to the never ending journey

Back to work
    Working after hurricane

Starring: Hong Kong Workers
    Everybody back to work

City people.... smh.

After Hurricane Rita (think Katrina, but it wasn't in New Orleans, so the media didn't care), we rolled in with our trucks and started hauling that away to get back to work.

• :belt_onion:

I'm getting the feeling that workers in Hong Kong are unhappy about their working conditions.

• ♿ (Parody)

@xaade said in Some (fake) film posters:

After Hurricane Rita (think Katrina, but it wasn't in New Orleansdidn't strike a city with an incompetent mayor or governor or a hapless population, so the media didn't care), we rolled in with our trucks and started hauling that away to get back to work.

• Considered Harmful

• @Tsaukpaetra said in Some (fake) film posters:

@TimeBandit said in Some (fake) film posters:

Seems fine to me...

Yup. I'll provide some background information here:

In the first scene (2018-09-17), the night after the typhoon Mangkhut, the bus company here has declared "due to most main roads are blocked by fallen trees, all bus service will be suspended at least until afternoon" and the MTR company said "some fallen trees have damaged the railway system and they're sending people to repair it", yet unlike Macau, our CEO Carrie Lam said it's okay to resume normal daily operation for employees. They'll just suspend the schools. She calling “for employers to show understanding and flexibility in handling staff who have practical difficulties in resuming work”.

The next morning the roads are still blocked, the MTR service is still down for the East Rail. As all other means of travelling on land lost for North East New Territories, travelling from FanLing to Central by taxi reported to need over HKD1400 and not many people made it. Most people had stuck at MTR station and need over 7 hours to back to work.

For people who live in North West New Territories, although the MTR system is still functioning, the roads are still blocked and people have to travel to the stations on foot. Most need to climb the fallen trees on the way in fashion similar to as if you're travelling in tropical rain forest.

Yet some employers still deduct wages from their employees and took away their punctuality reward for the month.

At the second and third scene (2018-10-16), around 6am the MTR corporation announced due to malfunction of their signaling system, there will be 8-10 minutes delay in Kwun Tong line, Tsuen Wan line, Island line. Some of us still think it's okay and rushed to MTR stations as normal. The truth is that the systems are paralyzed and their drivers need to drive the train manually without system support. Yes the train arrives at the stations on 8-10 minutes interval, but for some unknown reason it'll stay at the platform for the next 18-20 minutes. People living in Wong Tai Sin needs 3 hours to travel to Lai Chi Kok. It would take much less time if you just travel on foot.

And some time later, Tseung Kwan O line also declared fail. What makes it worse is that there is traffic accident occurred in Tseung Kwan O tunnel, which is the only way on land connecting the town to urban area, at the same time and blocking all lanes inside. Some people living there commented "we have to swim if we want to get back to work".

There was yet another traffic accident at Lung Cheung Road, the main road connecting Eastern and Western New Territories, complicating the matter.

And as people who normally travel by MTR rush to buses, the buses are not prepare to handle the massive wave of people. Lots of bus routes which at most have 10 people on it normally become full at the terminus, and skipping all bus stops in between, let alone the routes which are already busy in normal "to the office" hours. People who don't live in the same area as their job need hours to get back to their office.

Yet like the last time, those same employers still deduct wages from their employees and took away their punctuality reward for the month.

I live near the bus terminus, so although the bus left the station full, I'm able to get on it and the incident was mostly non-issue to me, yet I feel sympathy for those who are affected, and feel lucky that I changed my job earlier this year.

• @pie_flavor said in Some (fake) film posters:

@cheong said in Some (fake) film posters:

pharse

Oh it's typo. It should be "phrase".

• @Tsaukpaetra said in Some (fake) film posters:

I got that, it’s just that they (and @cheong’s posts about them) give the impression that I should be LOLing about them, which I wasn’t. So I felt something probably got lost in translation, that would likely be hard to get across without having the cultural background of a typical Hong Kong resident.

@cheong said in Some (fake) film posters:

Yup. I'll provide some background information here:

With that information, the intended humour/satire is much more apparent — thanks.

• Almost forgotten this one (Fake movie trailer of the first one in Cantonese):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA_qgy_mWtE