“iPad doesn’t recognise fingerprint anymore, and the code also doesn’t work!”

• My parents went on holiday the other day, and just now I got a chat message from my father saying that my mother’s iPad doesn’t recognise her fingerprint anymore (“she’s got a cut on her thumb”), and also refuses her access code. Not great when they’re halfway through France.

Of course, I respond by asking questions to see what might have gone wrong (are they sure they’re remembering the code correctly?) as well as warning them not to keep trying because the iPad will erase itself if they enter a wrong code too many times. Yes, he says, he already got a warning that he had to wait five minutes before he could try again.

After some minutes back and forth about this, my father suddenly says:—

Mistake found, really stupid, your mother had my iPad and I didn’t notice that either …

:facepalm:

I mean, hers has a lavender cover and a black bezel, his has a multi-coloured cover and a white bezel … I’m starting to think they really are getting old.

• @Gurth said in “iPad doesn’t recognise fingerprint anymore, and the code also doesn’t work!”:

France ... old

No, not necessarily. France is well known for good food and good wine.
    🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷
    That may have some effects.

• @BernieTheBernie But the wine is better when it's old! There might still be old involved.

• @Gurth said in “iPad doesn’t recognise fingerprint anymore, and the code also doesn’t work!”:

My parents went on holiday the other day, and just now I got a chat message from my father saying that my mother’s iPad doesn’t recognise her fingerprint anymore (“she’s got a cut on her thumb”), and also refuses her access code. Not great when they’re halfway through France.

Of course, I respond by asking questions to see what might have gone wrong (are they sure they’re remembering the code correctly?) as well as warning them not to keep trying because the iPad will erase itself if they enter a wrong code too many times. Yes, he says, he already got a warning that he had to wait five minutes before he could try again.

After some minutes back and forth about this, my father suddenly says:—

Mistake found, really stupid, your mother had my iPad and I didn’t notice that either …

:facepalm:

I mean, hers has a lavender cover and a black bezel, his has a multi-coloured cover and a white bezel … I’m starting to think they really are getting old.

:toby_faire: one time I wasn't feeling well and went through a whole thing with IT thinking I can't login to my work laptop, turned out to be my home laptop.

• @BernieTheBernie said in “iPad doesn’t recognise fingerprint anymore, and the code also doesn’t work!”:

🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷
    That may have some effects.

I would be a bit surprised if it did, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen either of my parents drinking wine.