Nobody shares knowledge better than this

• @lettucemode said:

every minute you can't get it to do something, take a sip of your drink.

That would probably kill less brain cells than actually using the damned thing as intended....

• Share everything. It comes back 10 fold

@Cassidy said:

@lettucemode said:

every minute you can't get it to do something, take a sip of your drink.

That would probably kill less brain cells than actually using the damned thing as intended....

Thennnn. You will be leading the pack. Nobody can stop you. Be the very best you can be.

I am addressing the initial learning curve on the Drag Race DVD's Putting in random video hints and instructions for "slo-mo" and "random" video selection. If you still have problems then you'll need to come to Swamp Camp. We'll teach you good.

• Sometimes you can't share everything

I finally got someone interested in looking at the Faster Than Sight objects. AND they are seeing what I am seeing. WOW people with inquiring minds. How refreshing. Anyway they have a renowned entomologist looking at the videos. I know I know who could be more renowned than Ol Spectate. Their last email came with this WARNING:

-----------------------------------------------------------
     NOTE...at this point let's NOT allude to them being anything OTHER than a suspected form of insect. OK?  Otherwise, any self-respecting scientist is going to refuse to work with us on this.  But IF they think this might be a new species type....they'll be much more amenable to doing some research with us.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I guess I shouldn't tell them about the Medicine Stones either

• @SpectateSwamp said:

[...]

If you still have problems then you'll need to come to Swamp Camp. We'll teach you good.

What this is I don't even... I mean, who is running the camp?  Is it in Canada?  Is it actually in a swamp?  The mind reels in horror.

• @Gazzonyx said:

Hello mutta' Hello fatta

I've got that tune stuck in my head now, you bastid.

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

I finally got someone interested in looking at the Faster Than Sight objects. AND they are seeing what I am seeing.

Father Ted explains perspective – 00:21
    — BasildonBiggles

• @SpectateSwamp said:

No, do.

Show them a video of a stationary stone that quickly jumps to a golf swing then to a car race whilst random scrolling text runs up the screen superimposed over an image of a tobacco leaf dancing in the breeze.

Then they'll really get the message.

• @Cassidy said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

No, do.

Show them a video of a stationary stone that quickly jumps to a golf swing then to a car race whilst random scrolling text runs up the screen superimposed over an image of a tobacco leaf dancing in the breeze.

Then they'll really get the message.

What, exactly, is the message?

• No idea. I'll expect it'll appear somewhere in Swampy's next post, and even then I expect it still will be no clearer.

• @Cassidy said:

No idea. I'll expect it'll appear somewhere in Swampy's next post, and even then I expect it still will be no clearer.

So... it's a secret!

• It may be... it may very well not be.

• I'm on the edge of my seat, man! Tell me more!

• I wish to know more about aliens.

• Thunder And Lightning Bugs

@Xyro said:

I wish to know more about aliens.

This Beautiful ThunderHead Cloud was the start of it all.

It formed in the late afternoon and was videoed over 6 clips.

The beautiful twin of this cloud showed again at the exact location (across from the golf course) 2 weeks later. Strange very strange. Too strange..

No longer the 'Faster Than Sight' objects NOW "Thunder And Lightning Bugs" TALB Not FTS.   That's the math. TALBs hang around Thunderheads lots. Probably eat lightning. Who knows...

These things are everywhere and easy to capture.

Anyway "the people" that are looking at the TALB video clips (after all these years) have been emailing me back and forth. I was thinking about deleting their names and pass the text along HERE. But that would be waaay too much work and I'm lazy. I like sharing also and can't or won't keep secrets.

So I'll post the ongoing dialogue here shortly. Might scare those Experts off; With these leaked emails: You will know, that they might know; we are watching them. Some of this weird stuff is too good not to share.   

• I see...

So where do you suppose these aliens come from? And what are they doing here?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

This Beautiful ThunderHead Cloud was the start of it all.

It formed in the late afternoon and was videoed over 6 clips.

The beautiful twin of this cloud showed again at the exact location (across from the golf course) 2 weeks later. Strange very strange. Too strange..

No longer the 'Faster Than Sight' objects NOW "Thunder And Lightning Bugs" TALB Not FTS.   That's the math. TALBs hang around Thunderheads lots. Probably eat lightning. Who knows...

These things are everywhere and easy to capture.

Oh no! Now that you finally nailed the slow motion feature in SSDS, it turns out that clouds are the most interesting aliens? Fucking CLOUDS of all things?? Shit bro. There go the 5 minutes of thought you put into that Enter Enter feature. (Unless you'll encounter FTS clouds some day.)

@SpectateSwamp said:

I was thinking about deleting their names and pass the text along HERE. But that would be waaay too much work and I'm lazy.

...wait, SSDS can't automate that process for you? I thought it's the only program you ever need! Even Notepad can do that!

• tap tap and you are in the 4th dimention TIME...

@derula said:

There go the 5 minutes of thought you put into that Enter Enter feature.

So quick and you're stretching time. Nothing can be faster than tap tap...

Look out father time; we are coming for you, camcorder in hand.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Look out father time; we are coming for you, camcorder in hand.

StalkingSwamp or DoggingSwamp?

The possibilities are endless....

• Renaming gone Wild

I have been listening. Slowly it sinks in. Different names for the program; to do automatic functions.

ie

Copy the latest search.exe to a USB stick. Name it as "catmydrive.exe" Drag and drop a number of mpg videos there. Then start the catmydrive program. When it is finished (mere seconds) Run a renamed version called "random.exe" and away it goes. The "gf" option is still there. The prompts are skipped if the program name is "catmydrive"

I have a couple more routines that will have a special named program to simplify things for the non Swampies. Another near future feature will be to cut and paste text into SSDS and have that display in Large Font Slowed Text. Another great feature. Because you deserve it. 

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

Another near future feature will be to cut and paste text into SSDS and have that display in Large Font Slowed Text. Another great feature. Because you deserve it. 

You mean exactly like the Marquee screensaver in older versions of Windows? Yeah, way cool.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Another near future feature will be to cut and paste text into SSDS and have that display in Large Font Slowed Text.

Which is clearly a feature that Google (et al) is crying out for.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Different names for the program; to do automatic functions.

busybox SSDS?

Iiiiinteresting.

• Use USB sticks when jamming video and jpgs, less wear and tear than a DVD or C: drive

Move some of your mpg videos to a USB stick

catmydrive.exe  Move this version to the USB and click. That catalogs the mpg

rename a copy to "randomseg.exe" this will play random 3 second random clips from anywhere in a randomly selected video

catmydrivejpg.exe for jpgs

catmydrivemp3.exe for mp3 music files

catmydrivegolf.exe for the mpg catalog in the golf format. Check this out to see how the timeline playback is set.

bigtext.exe for large slowed print. It needs a file called "bigtext.txt" as input 10 lines per page

random.exe plays the complete video or music or jpg

sequential.exe plays your media files sequentially.

I love these changes. When showing off the app. It's way more inpressive than Cr GF cr cr cr

Keep the suggestions coming. Swampies you are the best.

• A program that changes behavior according to file name? Interesting...

Hey Swampy, do you know how you can finally make SSDS better than ALL other desktop search software?

Add these special behaviors:

Program nameFunction
    autonomy.exeLaunch Autonomy
    copernic.exeLaunch Copernic Desktop Search
    docfetcher.exeLaunch Docfetcher
    dtsearch.exeLaunch dtSearch Desktop
    everything.exeLaunch Everything
    google.exeLaunch Google Desktop
    imgseek.exeLaunch imgSeek
    insight.exeLaunch InSight Desktop Search
    isys.exeLaunch ISYS Search Software
    locate32.exeLaunch Locate32
    strigi.exeLaunch Strigi
    tropes.exeLaunch Tropes Zoom
    windows.exeLaunch Windows Search
    ssds.exeLaunch good old SSDS

If you additionally add the functionality to automatically download and install any desktop search engine that is not already installed, but prompted to launch via executable name, your program will truly be better than each one on the above list, because it can do everything they can (by passing control over to them), plus SSDS exclusive features.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@derula said:

A program that changes behavior according to file name? Interesting...
    Not a new idea. Ever heard of busybox?

• Don't underestimate the usefulness of the app name. SSDS doesn't

@derula said:

Sure makes adding the Final Final feature easier. None of the existing options are disrupted when I check for the specific program name. A couple more noodles and the ability to randomly select and play "text" then "video" then "text" will be done. For the next drag race I'll collect the pre-race stats then the results. The race video will be sandwiched in between.

I'll show this off with a screen reshoot. The other search engines / multimedia players are so far behind the dust has already settled.

Waaay back in the 1982 I used the "icon name" to determine which township map to open. Object oriented back then. The mapping front end was way ahead of it's time.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

The other search engines / multimedia players are so far behind

Guess who's holding the race map upside-down?

• @PJH said:

@derula said:
    I had heard of that, but a) I forgot about it again, and b) I don't think I ever fully realized how it works.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Waaay back in the 1982 I used the "icon name" to determine which township map to open. Object oriented back then. The mapping front end was way ahead of it's time.

Howso?

• Renaming makes it simple

@derula said:

@PJH said:
    @derula said:
    I had heard of that, but a) I forgot about it again, and b) I don't think I ever fully realized how it works.

What is this busybox. Just how do they use the program name to change things? I didn't see anything specific.

Anyway your complaints about Cr Cr TT this and WW that have brought about some positive change. I'll do many more of these "Special Name" programs to do extracts and any of the special functions that even I have problems remembering.. Thanks to the criticism.

I got the large TEXT and Video intermix working for the most part. Wow that improvement has got me pumped. Almost broke into a dance. But being a Medicine Man that could result in earthquakes or dangerous thunder and lightning so I had to control myself.

I'll be passing along the those updates with some video examples in the next day or two. You'll love this capability. I do...

• @SpectateSwamp said:

What is this busybox

I'm guessing you don't know anything about search engines, else you'd have found this link.

• Hey, I just noticed...

[url="http://thestupidestmanonearth.com/"]thestupidestmanonearth.com[/url] seems to have been bought up by some squatter/ad agency and now redirects me to [url=http://www.sears.com/search=dual%20saws?storeId=10153&catalogId=12605&vName=Tools&viewItems=25&autoRedirect=true&redirectType=CAT_REC_PRED]Dual Saws from Sears.com[/url]

Kinda scary.

But hey, Spectate, now you're off the hook!

• SSDS to show you the unusual

Just uploaded the latest version:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/search.exe

Rename it to "datamix.exe" and create a text file called datamix.txt with this format

Line one

next line with more textual info

10th line of text

Photo video that I want displayed ie sparrow hawk fly's into window and away (line 11)

xxx.e:\hawkvideo.mpg             (line 12)

Then more text for the next video or summary for the last one.

Then run it from your usb stick.   (just click and it runs)

Anyway I'm now going to re catalog the civic election videos with text before and after each clip. Slamming them for their forum rigging ways. Those DVD's will have more impact. For RealEstate home sales this is far better. Through a window people can't hear but can read the super large 48 point text.

I have been uploading the hydroplane race videos from Orrville and finally got to updating the final few changes for SSDS. I need a little more testing but it is ready now to show the FTS objects. Sit back and watch; SSDS will amaze you.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCAE15C1B00DADBA4&feature=view_all  105 clips in total

• @Xyro said:

Kinda scary.

Yet ironic.

Directly under the title is a ... search field.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Just uploaded the latest version:

Rename it to "datamix.exe"

.. because renaming before uploading it is impossible, right?

• Want to see the "Faster Than Sight" video in slow motion?

Want to see some Faster Than Sight action in slow motion?

Here is how...

http://www.archive.org/details/demo85-pict7 Download this 101MB mpg file to a USB stick (could take 1/2 hour or more)

place this small text file on the same USB stick.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/mpeg_videosmix.txt  (the timeline playback control file)

take a copy of this program and place it there as well.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/search.exe   (MultiMedia player / Search Engine)

rename the search.exe to mpeg_videosmix.exe

Click on it and the action begins (Tobacco Leaf Flyer)

I'll be uploading more video playback for other archive FTS objects.

#2 Cloaked mother ship is intercepted by one of the Swarm objects.

#3 Spooked sparrow. He fluffs up his feathers an instant before the approach by a tiny object.

Super slow motion replay (multiple times) is needed to see these things.

Be prepared to get excited....

• @SpectateSwamp said:

http://www.archive.org/details/demo85-pict7 Download this 101MB mpg file to a USB stick (could take 1/2 hour or more)

It was pretty quick, actually:

$ wget http://www.archive.org/details/demo85-pict7
    Resolving archive.org... 207.241.224.2
    Reusing existing connection to www.archive.org:80.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: unspecified [text/html]
    Saving to: `demo85-pict7'

[  <=>                                            ] 25,169      81.4K/s   in 0.3s

.. but I couldn't get it to play.

• Don't give up CassidySwamp - you are close very close...

Good try CassidySwamp.

I'm testing the download right now: to see how long it takes.

It opens Windows Media Player and waits and waits.

Once the video is downloaded you can save it to the USB stick.

The rename stuff. Wow It can make things easy. Ie I'll do a *lastpage.exe to show the last page of the text file in the rest of the exe name. I can use it for my outmail notes and inmail ie inmaillastpage.exe noteslastpage.exe One click and there it is for a preset number of seconds... Can't get more cool than that. Or faster.

The download of the video file is 10 minutes in.. and we wait Done in 22 minutes....

The file name is demo85_pict7 not demo85-pict7 on the download I'll fix the timeline playback file mpeg_videosmix.txt to reflect that...

Simple is better.

• @Cassidy said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

It was pretty quick, actually:

$ wget http://www.archive.org/details/demo85-pict7
    Resolving archive.org... 207.241.224.2
    Reusing existing connection to www.archive.org:80.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: unspecified [text/html]
    Saving to: `demo85-pict7'

[  <=>                                            ] 25,169      81.4K/s   in 0.3s

.. but I couldn't get it to play.

Well then that's the problem; it seems to be a HTML document (because it says "text/html"), not a mpg file; therefore SpectateSwamp may have made a mistake.

• O, so you did write the wrong filename by mistake. Yes simple is probably better but stupid is not better. (If I want to rename stuff I will use the command-line rename command.)

• Location changes from 50 seconds to 62 sec - Is that stupid or what?

@zzo38 said:

O, so you did write the wrong filename by mistake. Yes simple is probably better but stupid is not better. (If I want to rename stuff I will use the command-line rename command.)

Geez I don't seem to have a problem with the mpg download of demo85-pict7 file?? Neither does the 665 other downloaders.

Buuuut there is one thing that frustrates me to no end...

On my old PC running Windows 98 where I do my exe builds.... The location of the FTS object is 50 seconds in...

On my not so new Laptop with Windows XP.   The location of the FTS object is 62 seconds in.  WOW that is Waaay to big a difference. I don't even want to know how that is possible. I will distribute a altmpeg_videosmix.txt to reflect this wide range. Very frustrating but a 2nd file will solve it for my purposes anyway. 

Do download a new version of the exe

A minor change to the control file so that the USB stuff can be moved to a DVD along with an auto run file. The control file updates are now disabled as a default

• And why is that? - In no particular order

-TheDailyWTF is a totally free and independent site.
     (not sucking up here) it's the truth. I have been
     BANNED at all kinds of sites for the contents of this
     thread. Please go find some and start a "shove off" thread.
     Make sure to do a screen capture before it disappears...

-Nobody has better access to their DATA than Us.

-Politics = Power and Power - Corrupts. Transparency negates
     Corruption. Those powerful ones in communities and government
     can't stand transparency. Task: Find the nearest transparent
     Town. How far afield will you have to go. Take out an Ad.

-Who's coming up a close second in SHARING. Bradley Manning,
     Julian Assange. Marc Emery. None of these are #1 because they
     don't have random access and the fantastic archiving features
     built into SSDS

-Corruption is everywhere and only the truly Brave or Stupid
     (or abused) Would attempt to shine a light on it.

-Corrupt Corporations go by LIE names. Ie "Crop Life"
     See this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuap-Lc85LU
     Many control web sites to "Moderate" the discussions.
     They are very dangerous and will "BLOOD whatever" you...
     They are a major impediment in "Knowledge Sharing"

-There are many more reasons. Just add yours HERE: Go get 'em
     My Swampies, you have all the tools and friends you need.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Please go find some and start a "shove off" thread.

@SpectateSwamp said:

I have been
     BANNED at all kinds of sites for the contents of this
     thread.

Nope... not seeing how they're related, at all.

@SpectateSwamp said:

you have all the tools and friends you need.

We do.

You, however, have just the one tool, aaaand...

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Who's coming up a close second in SHARING. Bradley Manning,
     built into SSDS

I truly lol'd. It's been a long time since I've said "lol" and meant I actually laughed out loud. Thank you.

In other news, is it just me or do Specate and Lotus Notes guy never seem to be around at the same time?

• @mott555 said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Who's coming up a close second in SHARING. Bradley Manning,
     built into SSDS

I truly lol'd. It's been a long time since I've said "lol" and meant I actually laughed out loud. Thank you.

In other news, is it just me or do Specate and Lotus Notes guy never seem to be around at the same time?

This is done intentionally to limit our exposure to the dangerous quantities of awesome they possess.  If you were to experience the awesomeness of both the LN-guy and swampy at the same time, it would actually burn off the first four layers of your skin, and in some cases, has been known to impregnate women and men (morbs) on sight.

• Knowledge sharing - using TV DVD's

Why it took me so long to wise up. I don't know.

Now every DVD I burn has the TV format. Any computer can play them as well as TV DVD's. I also include SSDS and a second set of mpg videos. The TV format creates huge VOB files that are not easy to separate, if you just want a particular golfer. For those that have a PC they can see the golf swings in the full glory of slow motion.

In the next while CCFOGTV will be doing critiques of local news. These videos will be in TV format along with the SSDS format, where we will provide large font discussion of the accompanying videos. Finally pure knowledge not just old media propaganda.

• 🚽 Regular

Wow, so you just thought about burning videos to DVD to play on TVs and you think this is some novel idea nobody in the last 12 years has ever thought of?

• TV DVD's are everywhere

@RHuckster said:

Wow, so you just thought about burning videos to DVD to play on TVs and you think this is some novel idea nobody in the last 12 years has ever thought of?

Whoa.. I have never owned a DVD player for a tv. And haven't watched TV in a long time... I was too fixated on SSDS to see the obvious. Not anymore.

• Sure enough, Lotus Notes guy is gone and Swampy is back.

Perhaps someone should try "integrating" SSDS with Lotus Notes.

• @mott555 said:

Perhaps someone should try "integrating" SSDS with Lotus Notes.
    I'm pretty sure that would create a black hole that would destroy everything.

•  This is post number 2500.