Inappropriate Truncation

• Considered Harmful

After the recent change of this site to be more politically correct, I found this good for a juvenile chuckle.

Inappropriate Truncation

• Back when I was a keypuncher (hundreds of years ago), field widths were generally kept short (disk space was expensive) and we were ordered to abbreviate everything possible.  Under pressure to get the work done, we didn't think much about what we did; we just did it.

Association of the Sacred Heart got changed to Ass of the Sacred Heart and for a long time nobody noticed.

• I guess that would be one way to stick it to them.

• The print edition of my university's schedule of classes (where all times for every class are given) lists courses named "Real Anal I" and "Real Anal II". I laughed quite hard when I first saw that.

• @HeroreV said:

The print edition of my university's schedule of classes (where all times for every class are given) lists courses named "Real Anal I" and "Real Anal II". I laughed quite hard when I first saw that.

Coincidentally, I believe they are number one and two in the xxx download films of all time 

• @Cratig said:

@HeroreV said:

The print edition of my university's schedule of classes (where all times for every class are given) lists courses named "Real Anal I" and "Real Anal II". I laughed quite hard when I first saw that.

Coincidentally, I believe they are number one and two in the xxx download films of all time 

There are a lot of disappointed teenagers out there who weren't expecting videos of maths lectures. 

• @newfweiler said:

Back when I was a keypuncher (hundreds of years ago), field widths were generally kept short (disk space was expensive) and we were ordered to abbreviate everything possible.  Under pressure to get the work done, we didn't think much about what we did; we just did it.

Association of the Sacred Heart got changed to Ass of the Sacred Heart and for a long time nobody noticed.

"Ass of the Sac Hrt" may have been funnier :)

• @newfweiler said:

Back when I was a keypuncher (hundreds of years ago), field widths were generally kept short (disk space was expensive) and we were ordered to abbreviate everything possible.  Under pressure to get the work done, we didn't think much about what we did; we just did it.

How would you have abbreviated "Association of Super Secret Healing Orangutans, Lions and Elephants"?