Quick, get the patent lawyers on the phone!

• @flabdablet said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    I have a lot more faith in twelve average people than in an army of "experts".
    Plus they work cheaper. We should totally get our next e-commerce site designed by the Grumpy Cat guy and friends instead of those expensive "security" consultants.

Are you people incapable of comprehending the words you read? I just can't fathom what would lead you to be so fucking stupid. I mean, it's even worse in your case because I already flamed Ben for not being able to communicate like an actual human being and instead operating like a shitty ELIZA program.

• @dkf said:

In general though, if you always let the opposition choose the rules, you'll always be at a disadvantage. Why do you seem to feel that it is necessary to challenge the rabid feminists on their ground? Think like a great general, not a footsoldier.

See, I'd say the same thing to you. You're ceding a lot of territory by not challenging their psychotic assumptions. An example: let's say I invented a field called "racial food studies". My base claim is that I will prove black people are superior to white people because chocolate ice cream tastes better than vanilla ice cream. Now, of course, chocolate is better than vanilla, but by allowing me to tack my nutty claims onto it, you've already lost the battle.

If the feminist science is wrong, it won't matter, because the point of feminism is not reality but intersectionality. Feminists already say all sorts of crazy shit that's clearly wrong but the whole thesis of their demented religion is that if you try to criticize them you are part of the patriarchy and are oppressing their vibrant voices, etc..

And if the science actually does turn up something useful, now you're in the position of saying "Well, sure, the science was right, but all the other shit they were saying isn't." You're on the defensive. And note they are picking things which I don't think can be answered. Are women better, the same or worse at math/science than men? I have no idea, but I do know that nobody can answer that question. But they will produce an answer and it will be used to advance their agenda.

And believe me, this won't be real science. This will be "science" like all the rest of the "social sciences". All of the social sciences are bullshit, including psychology and psychiatry. The whole "science" label is just there to lend legitimacy to what are political movements. These movements exist solely to advance an agenda, usually a fascistic one which transfers power from the people into the hands of a political elite.

This "science" is just an outgrowth of the "scientific racism" of centuries past. The point is to find a pre-determined answer, one that coincidentally happens to strip groups of people of their fundamental human traits and reduce them to little more than the superficial identity groups they've been assigned to, whether it be race, sex or political status.

(*And before someone goes off on a bitch-fest, my problem is with modern "Being a male means you are a rapist and denying you are a rapist is only proof you are a rapist because you are trying to suppress our voice" feminism. Women should be equal before the law. I do think men and women have some profound differences and that the best societies are ones that are built with and understanding and appreciation of those differences. Neither men nor women should be forced into any kind of social roles based on their sex, but I think it's beneficial for those roles to exist and for there to be pressure to conform to them.)

• @dhromed said:

I don't know where you got this, because it cannot be observed in the world.

You're either lying or you are an idiot. Even a cursory reading of women's studies would show that no other opinions are tolerated.

Even people like Camille Paglia, who used to be considered a radical feminist, are now denounced as part of the patriarchy. The fact that you aren't aware of this tells me you don't really know the first thing about modern feminism and are just falling back on some bullshit, pansy "why can't we all get along" view of feminism which you fabricated entirely in your head because you are so afraid of being honest that you prefer a feeble lie to the truth.

• @flabdablet said:

Very pseudo indeed, and more objectionable than objective.

Why do you feel more comfortable living a lie than the truth? Not that you're the only one, most people prefer to live lies, but I never could understand it. Maybe you can explain it to me.

• @random said:

@dhromed said:

What I do see on a near-constant basis, though, is manbabies going "ew stupid women", even though they clad it in pseudo-objective wording like you do.

Whenever I hear someone bitch about those "stupid feminists", I immediately assume that person is sexually frustrated and needs someone to blame.

Lazy slander from a dim-witted neanderthal who thinks acting like a pathetic, sniveling toady is going to be what gets women to notice him. Talk about sexually-frustrated.. do they at least give the thumbs-up to your sad masturbatory fantasies or do you do it without permission and then feel wracked with guilt afterwards?

• @morbiuswilters said:

Lazy slander from a dim-witted neanderthal who thinks acting like a pathetic, sniveling toady is going to be what gets women to notice him. Talk about sexually-frustrated.. do they at least give the thumbs-up to your sad masturbatory fantasies or do you do it without permission and then feel wracked with guilt afterwards?

nigga u mad

• @boomzilla said:

Well, I did say it was academics, and most people rightly shun these nut jobs, but they do get taken seriously far too often.

I don't think they're shunned as often as you think, sadly. They get lots of TV time:

This idiocy is quite common now.

I'm going to invent a field called "male-ist biology". We'll study important questions like "Do sandwiches actually taste better if a woman makes them?" and "Is it true that man are genetically incapable of cleaning the house?"

Obviously those are jokes. Just like "feminist biology". Only a brain-damaged fruitcake would take either seriously.

• Considered Harmful

@morbiuswilters said:

Now, of course, chocolate is better than vanilla
    Now you've gone too far.

• @joe.edwards said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    Now you've gone too far.

What, you like vanilla more?

Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but it looks like you're a racist. Chocolate is objectively better, thus the only reason to prefer vanilla is because of its colour. Ergo, your evil, white soul yearns for the return of Jim Crow.

Say twenty "Hail Sharptons" and vote Democrat in the next three elections and your sin will be absolved.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@joe.edwards said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    Now you've gone too far.

What, you like vanilla more?

Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but it looks like you're a racist. Chocolate is objectively better, thus the only reason to prefer vanilla is because of its colour. Ergo, your evil, white soul yearns for the return of Jim Crow.

Say twenty "Hail Sharptons" and vote Democrat in the next three elections and your sin will be absolved.

Playing the color card doesn't work when both flavors are the same color.

• @joe.edwards said:

Filed under: #CancelWilters

• @Ben L. said:

That's real vanilla extract, not vanilla ice cream. Vanilla ice cream does not contain real vanilla extract, it's just made of by-products from the abortion industry.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ben L. said:

That's real vanilla extract, not vanilla ice cream. Vanilla ice cream does not contain real vanilla extract, it's just made of by-products from the abortion industry.

JOKE 1:

What color is that?

JOKE 2:
    So you're "pro-life"?

JOKE 3:
    What is this baby-flavored ice cream made from, then?

JOKE 4:
    #CancelWilters

JOKE 5:
    Well. This is the part where he kills us.
    CHAPTER 9: The Part Where He Kills You
    Hello! This is the part where I kill you.
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: The Part Where He Kills You
    Music track: The Part Where He Kills You

• @morbiuswilters said:

@dhromed said:
    I don't know where you got this, because it cannot be observed in the world.

You're either lying or you are an idiot. Even a cursory reading of women's studies would show that no other opinions are tolerated.

Even people like Camille Paglia, who used to be considered a radical feminist, are now denounced as part of the patriarchy. The fact that you aren't aware of this tells me you don't really know the first thing about modern feminism and are just falling back on some bullshit, pansy "why can't we all get along" view of feminism which you fabricated entirely in your head because you are so afraid of being honest that you prefer a feeble lie to the truth.

You're lying and an idiot. Only the kind of willfully cursory misreading of and bad-faith refusal to engage with women's studies that we've all come to expect from the witless reactionary you seem bent on pretending to be would lead anybody to believe that feminism tolerates no dissent.

The fact that you're so eager to portray the violently anti-male strain of feminist thought as somehow representative of the whole body of it tells me you don't really know the first thing about modern feminism and are just falling back on one of your typically worthless straw men in a doomed and pathetic attempt to look all edgy and shit. This is exactly why it's not worth replying to your lazy political frothings with anything but equally lazy ad hominems. You reliably present as having bought into the Fox propaganda lock stock and barrel, such values as you do occasionally reveal are consistently vile, and consequently none of your sad little opinions is worth a fart in a high wind.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Western civilization will be unrecognizable soon; a completely degenerate form of fascism where the trains don't even run on time and pointing it out results in you being called "racist" as the target of a Twitter blitzkrieg by the SJ stormtroopers.

I don't understand what you're so terrified of. Nothing's changing for you. Nobody is taking anything away from you.

You're like that crazy person who, in response to gay marriage, said something like "WHAT'S NEXT?!? DOGS CAN MARRY ICE CREAM NOW??"

It's nuts.

• @morbiuswilters said:

are just falling back on some bullshit, pansy "why can't we all get along" view of feminism which you fabricated entirely in your head

I don't pay much attention to feminist figureheads. I just experience it from all the people in my everyday life.

•  Wait, I just re-parsed this in my head. It's amazing.

@morbiuswilters said:

Neither men nor women should be forced into any kind of social roles based on their sex

@morbiuswilters said:

but I think it's beneficial for those roles to exist and for there to be pressure to conform to them

There's a sliiiight contradiction there that you're going to have to explain.

Hint:
    it's at the bit where you say "don't force" and "do pressure".

• @Ben L. said:

JOKE 5:

Well. This is the part where he kills us.

CHAPTER 9: The Part Where He Kills You

Hello! This is the part where I kill you.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: The Part Where He Kills You

Music track: The Part Where He Kills You

What the fuck, son?

• @flabdablet said:

You're lying and an idiot. Only the kind of willfully cursory misreading of and bad-faith refusal to engage with women's studies that we've all come to expect from the witless reactionary you seem bent on pretending to be would lead anybody to believe that feminism tolerates no dissent.

The fact that you're so eager to portray the violently anti-male strain of feminist thought as somehow representative of the whole body of it tells me you don't really know the first thing about modern feminism and are just falling back on one of your typically worthless straw men in a doomed and pathetic attempt to look all edgy and shit. This is exactly why it's not worth replying to your lazy political frothings with anything but equally lazy ad hominems. You reliably present as having bought into the Fox propaganda lock stock and barrel, such values as you do occasionally reveal are consistently vile, and consequently none of your sad little opinions is worth a fart in a high wind.

Cry some more, bitch. This is why your wife thinks you're a pussy, you tubby fuck. Have another box of Tim Tams.

• @dhromed said:

I don't understand what you're so terrified of. Nothing's changing for you. Nobody is taking anything away from you.

LOL, I'm not terrified of it. I'm just stocking up on ammo and getting in target practice. Lookin' forward to the day when it's open season on leftist scum.

• @dhromed said:

@morbiuswilters said:

are just falling back on some bullshit, pansy "why can't we all get along" view of feminism which you fabricated entirely in your head

I don't pay much attention to feminist figureheads. I just experience it from all the people in my everyday life.

I don't.. is this a case where you don't know what the fuck the word means? I'm just going to assume "dhromed's an ignorant twat again whose only socialization comes from video games", as usual.

• @dhromed said:

Hint:
    it's at the bit where you say "don't force" and "do pressure".

O_o Dude, if you're going to speak English, then fucking learn it first. Social pressure is completely different from force-of-arms. I know you don't seem to comprehend a difference and apparently you think violence is A-OK so long as it's not someone defending themselves from fascistic sociopaths.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I'm just stocking up on ammo and getting in target practice. Lookin' forward to the day when it's open season on leftist scum.

Me too. Picketing your house with a FIRE IF YOU DARE, YOU GUTLESS BLOWHARD WINGNUT placard while watching you shoot huge holes in your own left foot, over and over and over and over without ever learning a thing, will at least be mildly amusing.

• @flabdablet said:

Me too. Picketing your house with a FIRE IF YOU DARE, YOU GUTLESS BLOWHARD WINGNUT placard while watching you shoot huge holes in your own left foot, over and over and over and over without ever learning a thing, will at least be mildly amusing.

Did that make more sense in your head?

Besides, you live in Outback Steakhouse Land. Unless Australia suddenly becomes relevant to the rest of the world (hint: no) then you'll probably just end up a toxic waste dump for China. In fact, I'm not even sure Australia is a real place and not just a setting for 80s movies.

• ♿ (Parody)

@morbiuswilters said:

@boomzilla said:
    Well, I did say it was academics, and most people rightly shun these nut jobs, but they do get taken seriously far too often.

I don't think they're shunned as often as you think, sadly. They get lots of TV time:

Yes, but most people never see that stuff (and that goes at least double if it's on MSNBC). Most people, like the low information foreigners on this forum, think feminism is about equality, and have no clue what's going on with the people defining modern feminism in the universities, and would be disgusted if they found out.

• @boomzilla said:

Yes, but most people never see that stuff (and that goes at least double if it's on MSNBC). Most people, like the low information foreigners on this forum, think feminism is about equality, and have no clue what's going on with the people defining modern feminism in the universities, and would be disgusted if they found out.

Yeah, I know, but I can't flame them then.

Actually, flabdablet could be sincere. I get the impression he's a self-loathing whackjob who believes something asinine like "If women ruled the world, there'd be no war."

• @morbiuswilters said:

Social pressure is completely different from force-of-arms.

...now you're suddenly mentioning force-of-arms.

We're not a society that cuts off women's noses. In our case, "force" and "pressure" is nearly the same.

Don't pressure.

Maybe I should repeat that.

Do. Not. Pressure.

• ♿ (Parody)

@flabdablet said:

The fact that you're so eager to portray the violently anti-male strain of feminist thought as somehow representative of the whole body of it tells me you don't really know the first thing about modern feminism...

So, what do you think it's all about? Maybe you guys are lucky, and it just hasn't crossed the Pacific yet.

• @morbiuswilters said:

LOL, I'm not terrified of it

Then why are you so angry over something that doesn't affect you very much?

All you have to do is not make stupid jokes, like with the sandwiches. And yet you're up in verbal arms as if your or your way of life is threatened. It's not. Just a couple of weird ideas you have, like "social pressure into gender roles is good", have to go. That's all. That's pretty trivial.

• @boomzilla said:

Most people, like the low information foreigners on this forum, think feminism is about equality, and have no clue what's going on

Almost everyone I know online is American. What I see in both you and morbius is 100% the weirdo as described by all my American friends.

You posted this tag:

@boomzilla said:

I can never remember if a trans man is a man trying to be a woman or vice versa

You posted that as a joke. That's just dismissive. It doesn't help anyone. All that's required of you is that you either ask it as serious question, or shut up and pay attention. But don't post it as a joke, and then wonder why they're all so angry. They're angry because of you.

• @boomzilla said:

heh

• ♿ (Parody)

@dhromed said:

Then why are you so angry over something that doesn't affect you very much?

It's times like this when I remember my Niemöller. Of course, there are significant differences, and Gramsci is more appropriate. These people don't have a major influence on me personally, but that's not to say that they aren't a festering problem.

@dhromed said:

Just a couple of weird ideas you have, like "social pressure into gender roles is good", have to go.

Your bullshit ideas about remodeling human nature need to go.

• ♿ (Parody)

@dhromed said:

@boomzilla said:
    Most people, like the low information foreigners on this forum, think feminism is about equality, and have no clue what's going on

Almost everyone I know online is American. What I see in both you and morbius is 100% the weirdo as described by all my American friends.

If you and flabdablet were Americans, I would have described you as low information voters, which is what most of your online friends seem to be.

@dhromed said:

@boomzilla said:

I can never remember if a trans man is a man trying to be a woman or vice versa

You posted that as a joke. That's just dismissive. It doesn't help anyone. All that's required of you is that you either ask it as serious question, or shut up and pay attention. But don't post it as a joke, and then wonder why they're all so angry. They're angry because of you.

They're angry because they have a serious problem that no one knows how to solve, and people aren't willing to remake society to accommodate the failings of a microscopic minority.

And yet you didn't answer the question. Which is it? I'll try to remember, but I have a terrible time with stuff like this, since the language itself works either way.

• @boomzilla said:

It's human nature for women to make sandwiches? Women immutably like pink and are more caring? Men must fight and rape? Of course not. You let them choose. You don't pressure anything.

What part of "don't pressure" is objectionable?

• @boomzilla said:

people aren't willing to remake society to accommodate the failings of a microscopic minority.

They're not failings, and it's an equally microscopic effort to accomodate them. So you do. There's no question.

@boomzilla said:

And yet you didn't answer the question.

You never asked in earnest.

@boomzilla said:

Which is it?

Trans man is one who went from woman to man. And vice versa.

@boomzilla said:

I have a terrible time with stuff like this, since the language itself works either way.

I know.

• @morbiuswilters said:

That's exactly the point--if the reasoning of your patent is so convoluted that a couple of expert witnesses can't break it down and explain how it makes sense, then you probably don't deserve the patent. Are juries going to put up with people claiming they patented the mouse in 2010? Fuck no. But judges seem to play along quite nicely, probably because it reinforces their importance to the system and gives them something to do.

I'm sorry, but I don't subscribe to this worldview that everything is easily explainable to laymen and that said laymen will actually accept such an explanation if it exists. You seem to forget that the US is a country where quite a sizable portion of the populace believes Creationism. The basic principle behind Evolution is not that hard to explain.

So, please don't try the "Explain it like I'm five year old" route. Because a) that doesn't work for everything and b) the opposition can do that as well.

• ♿ (Parody)

@dhromed said:

@boomzilla said:

It's human nature for women to make sandwiches? Women immutably like pink and are more caring? Men must fight and rape? Of course not. You let them choose. You don't pressure anything.

What if they choose something you don't like? Like, maybe, they give money to a political campaign against same sex marriage? But that's not my point. Here's a better example: Men should be pressured into supporting the children they father. This goes beyond forced child support. They should feel ashamed if they aren't in a relationship with the mother and around to help raise the children.

Your'e suggesting that we can't learn from past mistakes.

@dhromed said:
    What part of "don't pressure" is objectionable?

Is there no behavior that you find objectionable so long as someone was free to choose it on their own?

• @dhromed said:

It's human nature for women to make sandwiches? Women immutably like pink and are more caring? Men must fight and rape?
    Also, all the long haired ones are girls and all the short haired ones are boys. That's how you tell them apart, see? Simple.

• ♿ (Parody)

@dhromed said:

@boomzilla said:
    people aren't willing to remake society to accommodate the failings of a microscopic minority.

They're not failings, and it's an equally microscopic effort to accomodate them. So you do. There's no question.

Of course they are failings. These people are in agony because they believe they should be opposite of what they are. And the effort isn't microscopic, either.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Rhywden said:

You seem to forget that the US is a country where quite a sizable portion of the populace believes Creationism.

What I don't get is how so many people who are extremely proud to proclaim their allegiance to biological evolution (which isn't fundamentally incompatible with creationism / intelligent design, of course) are so firmly in favor of economic / social creationism. And frankly, belief in cosmological creationism is a lot less harmful than economic creationism. Though Intelligent Design might be better a better term here.

• @boomzilla said:

Men should be pressured into supporting the children they father.

Right, because what every child needs to learn is that they are an inconvenience and a burden to an arsehole father who only stays around because he's pressured into doing so, and that this is a completely appropriate way to conceive of the father-child relationship. Also, it is completely unacceptable for any parent who truly loves their child to dump a no-hoper deadbeat co-parent and find a better partner because Science.

• @boomzilla said:

economic / social creationism.

What's that?

The idea that human-created things are created by an intelligent entity?

• @boomzilla said:

Of course they are failings.

Of course they're not.

@boomzilla said:

These people are in agony because they believe they should be opposite of what they are.

It's not quite the psychiatric affliction called "otherkin"; teenagers who believe they're werewolves etc.

They're in agony because you reject them as failings.

@boomzilla said:

And the effort isn't microscopic, either.

For you it is. What sort of mountains do you think you have to move?

• ♿ (Parody)

@dhromed said:

@boomzilla said:

economic / social creationism.

What's that?

The idea that human-created things are created by an intelligent entity?

It's the idea that people can plan an economy. That you can just pass a law to do something and fix it and not create more problems.

• @boomzilla said:

@dhromed said:
    @boomzilla said:

Of course they are failings. These people are in agony because they believe they should be opposite of what they are. And the effort isn't microscopic, either.

No, these people are in agony because every single day they have to deal with an army of clueless fucktards who insist that whatever label was assigned to them at birth must ipso facto be correct, regardless of a lifetime's personal experience that says otherwise. The failing is yours, not theirs.

And the really sad part about that is that correcting the failing really does requires only a microscopic conceptual shift, but it's a shift that conservative dickheads like you are just flat out too lazy to make, apparently for no better reason than that some database somewhere might need more than one bit to represent biological sex and/or gender information.

• ♿ (Parody)

@dhromed said:

It's not quite the psychiatric affliction called "otherkin"; teenagers who believe they're werewolves etc.

I agree. Those are kids being dumb and probably mimicking people with real problems.

@dhromed said:

They're in agony because you reject them as failings.

Certainly, they're not happy at how they are or aren't able to fit into society. But the simple mismatch seems to be enough to give them problems. And hormones and surgery doesn't seem to do the job. For one, it's incomplete, and they're literally unable to assume the sex they believe they should have been.

OK, maybe failing isn't the right word. It's not their character or anything that's the problem. It's either a biological defect or the result of abuse or something.

• ♿ (Parody)

@flabdablet said:

And the really sad part about that is that correcting the failing really does requires only a microscopic conceptual shift, but it's a shift that conservative dickheads like you are just flat out too lazy to make, apparently for no better reason than that some database somewhere might need more than one bit to represent biological sex and/or gender information.

You have an active imagination. How do you think I treat people like this? This is more than morbs' perverse choice of chocolate ice cream over vanilla (which is clearly superior, and why most ice cream starts with a vanilla base). These are people who think their bodies have the wrong parts. Even giving them fake ones and hormones to replace what the real ones would give them won't make them what they want to be.

So, seriously, what are the microscopic accommodations that would make it all better? What are the ramifications of those accommodations? Do tell us your master plan for re-engineering human society.

• ♿ (Parody)

@flabdablet said:

@boomzilla said:
    Men should be pressured into supporting the children they father.

Right, because what every child needs to learn is that they are an inconvenience and a burden to an arsehole father who only stays around because he's pressured into doing so, and that this is a completely appropriate way to conceive of the father-child relationship. Also, it is completely unacceptable for any parent who truly loves their child to dump a no-hoper deadbeat co-parent and find a better partner because Science.

Wow. You are a champion at misreading between the lines.

But you've convinced me. No shame. No responsibility. I just gotta be me! Let the government take care of that shit!

• @boomzilla said:

These are people who think their bodies have the wrong parts.

After a lifetime of being told by most of the people you meet that the parts your body has are "wrong", and absorbing the clear message that it is impossible for you to be a proper person unless you conform to one of the majority body plans and/or one of the majority relationships between outlook and body plan, it's no surprise that many people get stuck in a state of believing that this is actually so and that there is something fundamentally wrong with them that requires horribly invasive medical intervention to "correct".

@boomzilla said:

So, seriously, what are the microscopic accommodations that would make it all better?

There is clearly no way to eliminate body dysmorphic disorder completely. But life could be made much less unpleasant for many more people if it became generally accepted that neither biological sex nor social gender are rigid, two-way, either-or propositions (which is, incidentally, good science).

The microscopic personal accommodation necessary to help this process along is simply to give up believing in and propagating a few bad ideas:

• "Normal" and "superior" are necessarily synonymous
    • Minority body plans and minority gender roles are abnormal
    • Reproductive fitness, as a member of a top predator species with seven billion individuals, is in any way correlated with personal worth

@boomzilla said:

What are the ramifications of those accommodations?

Less stress for people currently seen as abnormal and therefore piteous and/or contemptible, less cruelty generally, and a better understanding of the world around us for everybody.

@boomzilla said:

Do tell us your master plan for re-engineering human society.

Mostly: heap scorn upon the act of clinging desperately to a 15th century worldview in the 21st, and keep on insisting that reactionary fuckheads like you and Morbs need to get the fuck out of the way of the positive social change that's already happening everywhere it's allowed to.

• @boomzilla said:

You have an active imagination.

Are we imagining this thread? Perhaps we are.

@boomzilla said:

How do you think I treat people like this?

By saying they're failings and dismissing their concerns entirely.

You don't have to go out on raids and beat them up. A constant chorus of telling people they're failures does the job quite nicely.

@boomzilla said:

So, seriously, what are the microscopic accommodations that would make it all better?

They: "I would like that you use the word she to refer to me"
    You: "Okay."

You may scoff and fall back on hyperbole like "re-engineering human society", but it's literally this easy. Trans people don't need special ramps for their wheelchairs. They're not disabled.