Secure webmail

• @drurowin said:

@El_Heffe said:
    @drurowin said:
    your Lord and Saviour Jesus M. Christ
    I believe it's Jesus H. Christ.  At least that's what my father said.
    I usually hear Yanks say "Jesus Marion Christ".

I think you're confusing that with "Jesus, Mary and Joseph". Or that was a fairly clever attempt at trolling.

• @drurowin said:

So, what percentage of America is going to be closed for the next five days because a Jew supposedly killed your Lord and Saviour Jesus M. Christ some Hebrew carpenter roughly 1,980 years ago? (Good Friday, Better Saturday, Easter Sunday, Post-Easter Monday, and Easter Hangover Tuesday, for those who insist I show my working...)

Canada is the country that gives a day off work for Easter Monday as a huge holiday.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@morbiuswilters said:

coördinate

Holy shit, Morbs is Raymond Chen!

• @drurowin said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    If?
    (I had typed a small-penis joke here, but decided it was in bad taste. Instead, have a remark about how the USA's default religion is the wrong one.)
    So, what percentage of America is going to be closed for the next five days because a Jew supposedly killed your Lord and Saviour Jesus M. Christ some Hebrew carpenter roughly 1,980 years ago? (Good Friday, Better Saturday, Easter Sunday, Post-Easter Monday, and Easter Hangover Tuesday, for those who insist I show my working...)

I like that drurowin failed in his attempt at religion-trolling, but succeeded at "not fucking knowing English" trolling.

• @FrostCat said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    coördinate

Holy shit, Morbs is Raymond Chen!

I wondered if anyone would catch that. I didn't know Chen did it; I'm just following The New Yorker style guide.

• @dkf said:

@El_Heffe said:
    I believe it's Jesus H. Christ. At least that's what my father said.
    What's the H stand for? Henry? Harvey? Harold? Helena?
    Canonical answer: Haploid, because only one corporeal parent.

Better answer because you can explain it to kids: Howard, as in "our father who art in heaven, Howard be thy name" and they obviously gave the kid his middle name from his dad.  (To correct a widespread misconception: "God" isn't God's name, it's His job title.)

• @darkmattar said:

@drurowin said:

Canada is the country that gives a day off work for Easter Monday as a huge holiday.

Buncha snowback, Zamboni jockey, ice-chuckin', toque-heads.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@darkmattar said:
    @drurowin said:

Buncha snowback, Zamboni jockey, ice-chuckin', toque-heads.

But on the other hand, pizza cake!

• @drurowin said:

Good Friday, Better Saturday, Easter Sunday, Post-Easter Monday, and Easter Hangover Tuesday,

Flip it around as "15 inches of snow and I couldn't get my car out of the garage because dumbass me took off the snow tires last week Thursday, we work 4x 10 hours shifts monday through thursday Friday so that's off anyway, The weekend, The monday I get off after easter Monday"

I'm not complaining, even though my lord and savior is Jesus Christ..

• @da Doctah said:

But on the other hand, pizza cake!
    The "Bad Ideas" thread is that-a-way.