A pre-emptive "Fuck You" to Mozilla

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@locallunatic said:

@ratchet freak said:

@flabdablet said:

Screwed

no no it look like be a hammer

That is a hammer.  You grip the silvery part and hit with the blue plastic.

Well, should it look like an old shoe or a glass bottle?

• Trolleybus Mechanic

And speaking of Artimusalius...

Okay, so there was this rather infamous bug in Firefox, [url="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59314"]JavaScript alerts should be content-modal, not window-modal[/url].  It was first reported November 2000, and wasn't fixed proper until November 2010. Ten fucking years, most of which Mozilla just saying "dur, I don't know why a single tab locking the entire browser is a bad thing dur".

So it's now 14 years later. This bug has always been a bit of a splotch on Mozilla's bug-fixing record. So what's the first thing that the Afrosaurus UI does?

Breaks the bugfix. [url="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977957"] Australis: Browser hangs when alert() comes up while dragging a toolbarbutton[/url]

• @Lorne Kates said:

Okay, so there was this rather infamous bug in Firefox, JavaScript alerts should be content-modal, not window-modal.  It was first reported November 2000, and wasn't fixed proper until November 2010. Ten fucking years, most of which Mozilla just saying "dur, I don't know why a single tab locking the entire browser is a bad thing dur".

Mitchell Stoltz (not reading bugmail)

<span class="bz_comment_user_images">
        </span>

<span class="bz_comment_time">
          2000-11-07 09:12:01 PST
        </span>

DoS attacks are low on my priority list right now. Marking Future.

• @Lorne Kates said:

so there was this rather infamous bug in Firefox, JavaScript alerts should be content-modal, not window-modal.  It was first reported November 2000, and wasn't fixed proper until November 2010. Ten fucking years, most of which Mozilla just saying "dur, I don't know why a single tab locking the entire browser is a bad thing dur".

So it's now 14 years later.

And it still hasn't been fixed in IE.

Don't click here.

• @anonymous234 said:

Don't click here.

I tried it in IE11, and managed to close the browser window - but the messageboxes are still running.

• @anonymous234 said:

Don't click here.

In Firefox I can just close the tab. Problem solved.  In IE10 that doesn't work, I have to kill the process.@Lorne Kates said:
    And speaking of Artimusalius...

Okay, so there was this rather infamous bug in Firefox, JavaScript alerts should be content-modal, not window-modal.  It was first reported November 2000, and wasn't fixed proper until November 2010. Ten fucking years, most of which Mozilla just saying "dur, I don't know why a single tab locking the entire browser is a bad thing dur".

So it's now 14 years later. This bug has always been a bit of a splotch on Mozilla's bug-fixing record. So what's the first thing that the Afrosaurus UI does?

Breaks the bugfix. Australis: Browser hangs when alert() comes up while dragging a toolbarbutton

More fun with javascript. There's a 3 year old bug that hangs all versions of Firefox if you resize the browser window while a modal alert is displayed.  Fortunately, it looks like you can press escape to get out of that one. Only 7 more years till they fix that one.

• @El_Heffe said:

More fun with javascript. There's a 3 year old bug that hangs all versions of Firefox if you resize the browser window while a modal alert is displayed.  Fortunately, it looks like you can press escape to get out of that one. Only 7 more years till they fix that one.

Still not as bad as the bug I came across that could put IE8 into a condition where the renderer would cause spin lock in an infinite loop at 100% CPU usage with no way to close it down other than killing the process and taking every instance of explorer.exe with it.
    Managed to trigger that one purely with HTML and CSS.