Garmany

• @Buttembly Coder said:

For the purpose of science, I resized the image down to 1x1 in Paint.NET, then grabbed the color with the eyedropper. The result is this RGB(141,158,93), which looks like an olive drab green to me.

Well, I thinks it's official. The color of that pic is ugly. I used PhotoShop's Filter > Blur > Average and got a similar result: RGB(143,157,94).

Blegh.

• @Buttembly Coder said:

For the purpose of science, I resized the image down to 1x1 in Paint.NET, then grabbed the color with the eyedropper. The result is this RGB(141,158,93), which looks like an olive drab green to me.

True, but this is because the blue has very low saturation, the  yellow has high saturation, and there's some extra input from the green leaves in the image, which caused that slight skew towards green.

• @Buttembly Coder said:

<font color="#93a367"></font>

@abarker said:

I used PhotoShop's Filter > Blur > Average and got a similar result: RGB(143,157,94)
    Scaling to 1x1 with cubic interpolation in the GIMP gave me RGB(147, 163, 103). Here's a screenshot:

• @Zecc said:

@Buttembly Coder said:

@abarker said:

I used PhotoShop's Filter > Blur > Average and got a similar result: RGB(143,157,94)
    Scaling to 1x1 with cubic interpolation in the GIMP gave me RGB(147, 163, 103).
    Here's a screenshot:

Enlarged for science

• @Zecc said:

Scaling to 1x1 with cubic interpolation in the GIMP gave me RGB(147, 163, 103)

Weird. Any interpolation method in Photoshop gave me the average RGB(143,157,94).

Is there no average in Gimp?

• @Zecc said:

@Buttembly Coder said:

@abarker said:

Scaling to 1x1 with cubic interpolation in the GIMP gave me RGB(147, 163, 103).
    Here's a screenshot:

Forcing the image to 1x1 in the browser (Opera Next Latest), taking a screenshot, then pasting it into Paint.NET and eyedroppering it gets RGB(212,219,51), which is what it looks like when a cat vomits after eating too many dandelions.

• @dhromed said:

Is there no average in Gimp?
    Current stable GIMP doesn't consider gamma, so it's scaling results will not be correct.

• @abarker said:

This picture of @the site said:
    ... beautiful canada, with green fields.

@Buttembly Coder said:

what it looks like when a cat vomits after eating too many dandelions.

So Canada looks like cat vomit?