Jr.Net Developer ----------------------------------------------- Urgent Need

• This is an email I got today:

Job Title: Jr.Net Developer

Duration: Temp-to-Perm

NEED CITIZEN

·         Need .NET framework 4.0, HTML 5, VB, ASP, JavaScript, Junit, sharepoint, and worked in Agile environment. 8 years min.

·         Related, recent experience. Nice if familiar or worked in Continuous integration environment.

·         Nice if familiar or worked in Continuous integration environment.

·         Experience with several components in our open-source and enterprise software stack is desired, including Javascript (AngularJS and Bootstrap), Spring MVC developed with STS, MongoDB and Oracle, and both RESTful and SOAP-based web services.

·         Experience working in a continuous integration environment with Git and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo) is desired

·         Experience with other open-source components a plus, including Gradle, Activiti / jBPM, jQuery, MuleSoft, Geb and Spock.

I guess things are getting pretty competitive, now that junior positions require a minimum of 8 years experience.  

• @tharpa said:

Junit

That would be a great skill to have, considering you're not doing anything related to Java at all.

• @Ben L. said:

@tharpa said:
    Junit

That would be a great skill to have, considering you're not doing anything related to Java at all.

Well javascript has the letters java in it.

• @tharpa said:

This is an email I got today:

Job Title: Jr.Net Developer

Duration: Temp-to-Perm

NEED CITIZEN

·         Need .NET framework 4.0, HTML 5, VB, ASP, JavaScript, Junit, sharepoint, and worked in Agile environment. 8 years min.

·         Related, recent experience. Nice if familiar or worked in Continuous integration environment.

·         Nice if familiar or worked in Continuous integration environment.

·         Experience with several components in our open-source and enterprise software stack is desired, including Javascript (AngularJS and Bootstrap), Spring MVC developed with STS, MongoDB and Oracle, and both RESTful and SOAP-based web services.

·         Experience working in a continuous integration environment with Git and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo) is desired

·         Experience with other open-source components a plus, including Gradle, Activiti / jBPM, jQuery, MuleSoft, Geb and Spock.

I guess things are getting pretty competitive, now that junior positions require a minimum of 8 years experience.  

I particularly like that continuous intgration is so important that it is listed three times in the requirements.

• 8 years...that's all? Hell, around here we measure time by decades...

All kidding aside: the "experience" requirements list shows that the project is likely in a state of complete disaster where the supposed "architects" simply couldn't pick a technology so barfed all over several competing ones.

• For javascript: jQuery AND AngularJS/bootstrap.
    • Database: MongoDB AND Oracle. - okay, not quite so bad, but still.
    • Web services: RESTful, SOAP AND mulesoft?
    • Build server: Gradle, Jenkins, Hudson AND Bamboo? Are they just hoping for *someone* that knows what CI is in order to implement it for them?
    • Testing: SPock, jUnit, Geb - (I'm hoping that's what they are using Geb for )

Given the location, the crapshoot of tools involved, the fact they want a Jr. Dev with 8 years exp and that CI is listed 3 times - good indicator that mgmt is currently pissed off that things aren't talking to each other - I'm guessing this has "healthcare" written all over it. If so, no wonder that beast cost like a bazillion dollars to build -- but I'm hoping that I'm wrong. Either way, the job looks like the winning candidate would be stepping into a shit storm.