Go screwed over the indie game Haunts

• @The_Assimilator said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    Morbs' Software Axiom 237: Given enough time, any language designed by chimps hominids will eventually copy every mistake of C.

FTFY.

FTFTFYFY

• @alphadogg said:

Or, when you are dealing with zealot types, users of misplaced cynicism, and guys with axes to grind. Case in point, people who stupidly blame a technology for the obvious failings of the users of said technology.

I'm not saying the original programmer wasn't an idiot (he'd pretty much have to be if he chose Go to write his game in.) But that also doesn't mean that Go isn't a shitty language written by cousin-humping retards. We've covered pretty extensively on here why Go sucks.

The only axe I have to grind is that I hate shitty software that sets our industry back. Maybe you think modern languages shouldn't offer any advantages over what we had in the mid-60s, maybe you think code should be painstakingly typed in over teletype, but most of us are smarter than that.

• @goroutine said:

Go nuts, anyone? This thing inplements both version and dependency managment, and import path looks like "gonuts.io/vendor/nut".

Even if this didn't suck (and I have no idea if it does, but given the rest of Go I can only imagine..) it doesn't make up for the language. It's like a tiny bit of anal lube during the prison ass-raping that is Go.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@goroutine said:

Go nuts, anyone? This thing inplements both version and dependency managment, and import path looks like "gonuts.io/vendor/nut".

Even if this didn't suck (and I have no idea if it does, but given the rest of Go I can only imagine..) it doesn't make up for the language. It's like a tiny bit of anal lube during the prison ass-raping that is Go.

Prison assraping doesn't set industries back though, so Go is worse than a prison ass-raping.

• @DescentJS said:

Prison assraping doesn't set industries back though, so Go is worse than a prison ass-raping.

Depends on the industry. I'm sure Go has been a boon for trauma proctologists everywhere.

• @blakeyrat said:

And C# has Nuget.

And it's a terrible idea. And you shouldn't use it. (Except perhaps to do the initial download of the library before you add it to your project.)

NuGet does download the binaries to your local instance and does not force you to upgrade to the latest verions of dependancies.  If you are using source control, that the build/version information is saved along with the project to keep everyone working on the same version of the dependancy.

You can also use your own Nuget server to contain your own packages, which my employer has done internally.

What problems do you have with Nuget?  From everything I have seen and used it is a huge time saver for dealing with third-party libraries that your project depends on, and when you are trying to keep your team using the same version of the dependancies without everyone installing them/configuring them seperately.  It also seems cleaner in the project iteself to make it easier to add/remove the dependencies from a project.