TRWTF is "programmer, photographer, ... dancer??"
So what's TRWTF here (and why did you leave off Bassist?)? Care to explain why these interests are mutually exclusive?
And I say that having programmed in a multitude of languages running on everything from embedded systems to midsize computers. I've shot B&W and colour film on 35mm and MF, as well as shooting digital, and have studied photography in some not-for-credit college level courses. And I've danced various ballroom dances, as well as Merengue, Salsa, Cha-Cha but have been focussing on Argentine Tango more recently. Aside from the social aspects, dances like Tango are hard to master, as you have to control many different aspects
- Be aware of which feet both you and your partner have their weight on at all times
- Be able to guide your partner in the direction you want to perform a movement using a combination of body movements in 4 axis (up/down, rotation, forwards/backwards, side/side
- Craft the movements into a dance that fits the rhythm/style of the music
- Make your partner look good while following your plan
- Navigate around the dance floor, avoiding everybody else doing their thing
- And because Tango does not rely on set choreography, but on following weight changes etc, you make it all up on the spot - kind of like freeform jazz
- All of which requires a decent amount of flexibility and physical fitness