Classic steam WTF

• So I was just browsing around Steam's website (yeah I know, that might be the real WTF here) and decided to try out their search engine. Not wanting to give it too much of a hard time I decided to have it search for "half life" which I figured would most likely get me a few results.

Well...

Steam wtf

Turns out you actually need to write "half-life" without forgetting the union to get a result. But you'd think their search engine could be a little less picky. I actually reloaded the search about 10 times thinking it was just a bug because it just could NOT be possible that a search for half life didn't return anything.

I guess it makes sense to have a website just as WTFy as their software anyway.

• Image is broken.  Anyway, these all fail:

half life

"half life"

"half-life"

and only this works: 

half-life

• I bet they could make Half-Life be returned in the results for every query, no matter what you typed in and nobody would care given that that's pretty much the only game that anybody cares about from them these days. :D

• You know, I pretty much expect that from website search functions these days.

Ever notice how it's far more effective to google "site:youtube.com <SEARCHTERM>" than it is to simply search <SEARCHTERM> via youtube's own search feature?

• @Saladin said:

I bet they could make Half-Life be returned in the results for every query, no matter what you typed in and nobody would care given that that's pretty much the only game that anybody cares about from them these days. :D
    Check out [url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1299927595688205543"]the trailer[/url] for Portal. It's a clone of the student project Narbacular Drop, but using the Half-Life engine.

BTW, you can get Narbacular Drop [url="http://www.nuclearmonkeysoftware.com/narbaculardrop.html"]here[/url], along with a plethora of user levels. It's quite addictive, even though it's a sort of buggy game. 

• @merreborn said:

You know, I pretty much expect that from website search functions these days.

Ever notice how it's far more effective to google "site:youtube.com <SEARCHTERM>" than it is to simply search <SEARCHTERM> via youtube's own search feature?

The real failure is that Google bought youtube, and they're migrating everything over to youtube. I friggin hate youtube. it is slow, you can't seek the videos (scrub, for you video snobs), and it's slow, as well as the fact that it is GOD AWFUL SLOW. man i hate youtube.