Lost in translation?

• I was reinstalling Windows XP (swedish language version) on a friend's computer the other day, when I accidently entered the same username as computer name. I was expecting the same lecture about username syntax as always, but instead I got this nice rule(now translated from swedish):

*The username has to be at least 20 characters

WTF?!

• Microsoft wanted my only phone number poem

Seems like an error in localization. I just got a new laptop and had the chance to order a free Vista upgrade. The ordering website was quite WTF in its entirety.

For some reason they wanted my (now translated from Finnish)
    "Only phone number poem"

Later, on the same site, I was told that I live in a part of the world that is known as "EMEA". 

• @hma said:

Seems like an error in localization. I just got a
    new laptop and had the chance to order a free Vista upgrade. The
    ordering website was quite WTF in its entirety.

For some reason they wanted my (now translated from Finnish)
    "Only phone number poem"

Later, on the same site, I was told that I live in a part of the world that is known as "EMEA". 

Last time I checked, Finland was indeed part of "Europe, the Middle-East and Africa" :-)

• @DaveK said:

Last time I checked, Finland was indeed part of "Europe, the Middle-East and Africa" :-)

In the corporate world, we use the "EMEA" abbreviation frequently. But I had never heard it until I started working here, so it seems silly for a big company to assume others would know.  

• @hma said:

They meant IKEA.