Damn forced upgrade to Win7!

• @anotherusername said:

(Windows doesn't have one)
    Wrong:
    COLOR_HOTLIGHT
    Color for a hyperlink or hot-tracked item.

@anotherusername said:
    you could always just change the hyperlink colours in the colours area of the Firefox preferences:
    ...except that those settings are ignored when Firefox is in high-contrast mode.

• OK - to be fair, the screen that greeted me on imgur was

When I clicked on "upload image" nothing happened, and I incorrectly assumed the other stuff was behind a flash ad.

So I had to drag the window super wide to be able to click on "Computer" and upload images.

The screen issue image is

The discerning eye will see the vertical banding. For some reason, looks like every two pixels, the red or blue line becomes more dominant. This is a copy-paste from a RAW image; no editing other than just picking section of the screen. I was using 18mm focal length, probably 6 inches from the screen.

And yes, I'm posting a picture of my work Windows machine from my home Mac.

• @ender said:

@anotherusername said:
    (Windows doesn't have one)
    Wrong:
    COLOR_HOTLIGHT
    Color for a hyperlink or hot-tracked item.

@anotherusername said:
    you could always just change the hyperlink colours in the colours area of the Firefox preferences:
    ...except that those settings are ignored when Firefox is in high-contrast mode.
    Ok, then, that sounds like 2 separate bugs in Firefox. It doesn't use the Windows system link colour, and it completely ignores the state of the "use system colours" checkbox if you've selected a high-contrast theme (at least, I couldn't get it to do anything regardless of whether that was checked or not).

• @too_many_usernames said:

When I clicked on "upload image" nothing happened, and I incorrectly assumed the other stuff was behind a flash ad.
    No, it just uses Flash (when it's available) to upload images (if you don't have Flash, regular HTTP upload is used).
    @too_many_usernames said:
    For some reason, looks like every two pixels, the red or blue line becomes more dominant.
    It's probably some sort of RGBW display. Take a picture of this pattern:
    pattern
    @anotherusername said:
    it completely ignores the state of the "use system colours" checkbox if you've selected a high-contrast theme (at least, I couldn't get it to do anything regardless of whether that was checked or not).
    In High Contrast mode it's like that checkbox is always checked.

• @anotherusername said:

It's probably some sort of RGBW display. Take a picture of this pattern...
    At first I thought there were 5 subpixels per pixel, but... it looks like every other pixel is essentially MISSING a red or a blue subpixel entirely. What fucking cheapskates - both the laptop makers and your company for buying them.

• @LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:

@anotherusername said:

At first I thought there were 5 subpixels per pixel, but... it looks like every other pixel is essentially MISSING a red or a blue subpixel entirely. What fucking cheapskates - both the laptop makers and your company for buying them.

I didn't post that!

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@anotherusername said:

@LoremIpsumDolorSitAmet said:

@anotherusername said:

I didn't post that!

I didn't post this!

• @Lorne Kates said:

@anotherusername said:

@anotherusername said:

I didn't post that!

I didn't post this!

Nobody said you did!

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@anotherusername said:

@Lorne Kates said:

@anotherusername said:

@anotherusername said:

I didn't post that!

I didn't post this!

Nobody said you did!

WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING!?!

• Considered Harmful

@Lorne Kates said:

@anotherusername said:

@Lorne Kates said:

@anotherusername said:

@anotherusername said:

I didn't post that!

I didn't post this!

Nobody said you did!

I'm not yelling!

• @morbiuswilters said:

@tae wong said:

@Speakerphone Guy said:

@Ben L. said:

@Ronald said:

@dhromed said:

@blakeyrat said:

I didn't post that!

I didn't post this!

Nobody said you did!

I'm not yelling!
    I AM