Samsung Kafkaesque Support

• @dhromed said:

@boomzilla said:
    The people who set up the country and were responsible for key institutions don't matter?
    Because we're not talking about institutions and cultures and philosophies. We're talking about the nations of origin of all them folken. Which is clearly not just British.

This is just a case of people stretching their brains to call me an idiot.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@blakeyrat said:

Calling you an idiot for obvious reasons isn't fun any more. We've taken the game off Easy Mode.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Lorne Kates said:

@blakeyrat said:

Calling you an idiot for obvious reasons isn't fun any more. We've taken the game off Easy Mode.

No, this one was obvious and easy, too, for anyone less ignorant about history than the sentiment behind blakey's post. I think dhromed just wasn't aware of the full meaning of the word "founding," which is reasonable, considering it's not his native language. I still think blakey's excuse is lazy trolling, which is also OK for this place.

• @boomzilla said:

I think dhromed just wasn't aware of the full meaning of the word "founding," which is reasonable, considering it's not his native language.

Fear not; my English written* fluency is significantly larger than most native speakers (or so I've been told). I just ignored the word "founding" altogether.

*) speaking is a different skill, though. It's little quick expressions that trip me up. Brains apparently work off a fast cache of spoken phrases that gets filled with whatever you hear during your life. I've only recently begun to use voip with games, so I'm often surprised by and a little annoyed with my typically foreign speech. Or that's how it sounds to me anyway. Maybe I'm just miffed I don't have that suave gentlemanly radio voice, but in fact sound like Goldmember.

:'(

• ♿ (Parody)

@dhromed said:

Fear not; my English written* fluency is significantly larger than most native speakers (or so I've been told). I just ignored the word "founding" altogether.

I would agree with that assessment. Quick and careless reading is language neutral, sadly.

• @boomzilla said:

Quick and careless reading is language neutral, sadly.

:'(

• @dhromed said:

@boomzilla said:

Quick and careless reading is language neutral, sadly.
    Filed under: ... personal obsession
    Indeed, some people do seem to have a personal obsession with quick and careless reading.

• BINNED

You forgot quick and careless writing.

• @PedanticCurmudgeon said:

Or worse, quick and careless thinking

• Considered Harmful

@serguey123 said:

@PedanticCurmudgeon said:

Or worse, quick and careless thinking

No we're not!