Facebook "developer group" posting

• I found this bit of entertainment in a C# group on Facebook. Sorry for the image height, but the whole thing is... well... you'll see.

My favorite part is the reply complaining of not being able to download the e-book because the form would not accept his e-mail address. What's your favorite part?

• They still do books on learning programming languages?

Maybe they bought into the 'sharing is theft' philosophy and still want to make information seem like a physical thing that cannot be duplicated. Maybe I just don't have a sense of humour or I just don't get what this is about.

•  I would most definitely take advice from that man.

• Signature Guy needs to go get his senior-citizen's card.

• It's only a matter of time before half the posts are by a Signature Guy.

I'm bored of mine already but I don't know what to change it to.

• Considered Harmful

@mott555 said:

It's only a matter of time before half the posts are by a Signature Guy.

Kudos to Dogsworth for having the first Signature Guy that actually fooled me into thinking I was reading the wrong thread.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@joe.edwards said:

Kudos to Dogsworth for having the first Signature Guy that actually fooled me into thinking I was reading the wrong thread.

Agreed.  Now all he has to do is turn the postcount and title into server-side images.  Postcount == blakey's postcount.  Title == the title of the thread being posted to. I think you can figure it out from the referrer of the image request.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@joe.edwards said:

Agreed.  Now all he has to do is turn the postcount and title into server-side images.  Postcount == blakey's postcount.  Title == the title of the thread being posted to. I think you can figure it out from the referrer of the image request.

And pretty soon we'll re-implement Community Server using hacks in Community Server! The penultimate edition of The Inner Platform Effect!

• Considered Harmful

@mott555 said:

@Lorne Kates said:

@joe.edwards said:

And pretty soon we'll re-implement Community Server using hacks in Community Server! The penultimate edition of The Inner Platform Effect!

The second to the last edition? What will the ultimate edition be?

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@joe.edwards said:

The second to the last edition? What will the ultimate edition be?

JOKE #1:  That'd be Community Server, because recursion is fun, just like in Joke #1.

JOKE #2:  When we implement Community Server in THAT.

JOKE #3: Penis.

• @mott555 said:

It's only a matter of time before half the posts are by a Signature Guy.

Make one which looks like spam. Then make sure it has a proper delete button on the right place, and link it to the right delete page... Just change the parameter to a different post (one you don't like) ;-)

I've wondered if that would work for a while now...

• @Evo said:

Make one which looks like spam. Then make sure it has a proper delete button on the right place, and link it to the right delete page... Just change the parameter to a different post (one you don't like) ;-)

I've wondered if that would work for a while now...

Someone did that with the reply button once...several people accidentally replied to the wrong thread because of it.

• I don't even see those anymore; I adblocked them because I was annoyed because the glittery one screwed up the layout because the negative margin size was wrong because I'd already adblocked the glittery picture because it was annoying.

• @anotherusername said:

I don't even see those anymore; I adblocked them because I was annoyed because the glittery one screwed up the layout because the negative margin size was wrong because I'd already adblocked the glittery picture because it was annoying.

Hey, think of all the revenue you're depriving to those poor signatures. If you're going to read a post but not even help the poster fund their post by reading their signatures, then the entire revenue model of the Internet will fail.

You killed the Internet. Good going.

• @corgimonster said:

My favorite part is the reply complaining of not being able to download the e-book because the form would not accept his e-mail address. What's your favorite part?
    My favorite part is the part where you only posted the one reply so there's nothing else to talk about.

• @ais523 said:

@anotherusername said:

I don't even see those anymore; I adblocked them because I was annoyed because the glittery one screwed up the layout because the negative margin size was wrong because I'd already adblocked the glittery picture because it was annoying.

Hey, think of all the revenue you're depriving to those poor signatures. If you're going to read a post but not even help the poster fund their post by reading their signatures, then the entire revenue model of the Internet will fail.

You killed the Internet. Good going.

Read more carefully - I didn't hide the signatures, just Signature Guy.

...well, shoot. I was going to use Mott's signature to illustrate, but when I turned off the filter, it looks like he's deleted his Signature Guy. There's another one that's mimicking Blakeyrat but I don't feel like grabbing another screenshot...

• ♿ (Parody)

@anotherusername said:

Read more carefully - I didn't hide the signatures, just Signature Guy.

Hey, the guy who made that Signature Guy is a content developer. Stop ripping food out of the mouths of his children you amoral adblocker!

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@boomzilla said:

Hey, the guy who made that Signature Guy is a content developer. Stop ripping food out of the mouths of his children you amoral adblocker!
    I tend to block total assholes. This most certainly rips food from the mouths of the advertising industry.

I'm OK with this.

• What the hell are "real time tips in software development"?

@Anonymouse said:

What the hell are "real time tips in software development"?

IntelliSense?

• My favorite part is when one of the unpersons uses a signature guy, which means I see threads that look like signature guy has a signature guy.

• @Anonymouse said:

Sped-up videos showing you how to mock up an iOS 7 phone in Word.

• @flabdablet said:

I see threads that looks like signature guy has a signature guy.
    Hmmmm . . . . . I wonder if that would be possible . . . . . . 

• @flabdablet said:

@Anonymouse said:

Sped-up videos showing you how to mock up an iOS 7 phone in Word.
    Why...

• @flabdablet said:

My favorite part is when one of the unpersons uses a signature guy, which means I see threads that look like signature guy has a signature guy.
    After a little tinkeriing I have determined that it may be possible to create a signature guy that has a signature guy. This could be a great breakthrough that eventually leads to nearly unlimited signature guys and freedom from dependence on imported foreign signature guys.

• @flabdablet said:

My favorite part is when one of the unpersons uses a signature guy, which means I see threads that look like signature guy has a signature guy.

• @Ronald said:

@flabdablet said:

@flabdablet said:

unpersons
    Not quite sure if I should be flattered that I'm on that list or not...

• :belt_onion:

@Ronald said:

@flabdablet said:

The counters on userscripts.org have been broken for many months. I maintain a popular script myself and it was really disturbing when at first it looked like I had lost my followers

• @bjolling said:

The counters on userscripts.org have been broken for many months. I maintain a popular script myself and it was really disturbing when at first it looked like I had lost my followers

You're like one of the Linux integrists who hated to see more Windows than Linux on the top 10 uptime list on Netcraft and argued that it was caused by the TCP timestamp reset after 497 days on Linux, not by actual reboots.