The Daily WTF: Curious Perversions in Information Technology
Welcome to TDWTF Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

PHP auto-formatter?

Last post 07-10-2013 12:22 PM by zipfruder. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2012 1:51 PM

PHP auto-formatter?

Ok, I'm not going to ask for a PHP IDE because I'm already 99% sure none I'd be happy with exist.

But! I do need something to "pretty print" a PHP script, which has unaligned tabs and various other formatting problems that are making it really hard to read and digest. Any tips?

Edit: Er, I found an online one: http://beta.phpformatter.com/ so. Yeah.

<-  I couldn't make my shit work, so here's a Godzilla head.
  • 11-14-2012 7:33 AM In reply to

Re: PHP auto-formatter?

You might still give PhpStorm a 1% shot. It's quite nifty.
  • 11-15-2012 7:35 AM In reply to

Doesn't pastebin autoformat stuff?

In complex analysis, a meromorphic function on an open subset D of the complex plane is a function that is holomorphic on all D except a set of isolated points

• 11-16-2012 9:41 AM In reply to

rootkit:
    I use its sister product WebStorm for all my Javascript and HTML needs and I'm very happy with it. Based on that alone, I would trust PhpStorm.

Edit: WebStorm integrates with Git so surely Blakey won't be able to resist to try it out ;p

It's... Monkey Piston's Frying Circle!
  • 11-26-2012 6:29 AM In reply to

bjolling:

rootkit:
    I use its sister product WebStorm for all my Javascript and HTML needs and I'm very happy with it. Based on that alone, I would trust PhpStorm.

Edit: WebStorm integrates with Git so surely Blakey won't be able to resist to try it out ;p

PhpStorm does HTML, Javascript and CSS as well. And SQL. Plus a few more. Even inside PHP code (either through auto-detection or assisted; you can help the parser by using e.g. HTML / JS / CSS / SQL as heredoc or nowdoc variable delimiters).
  • 07-08-2013 11:48 PM In reply to

• Ben L.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-21-2010
    • Inventor of the 186-hour work week
    • Posts 3,607

Just in case you're still looking after half a year, I find this pretty nifty. It's great for those sites that minify their only copy of the JavaScript and then you have to debug it. Much easier to read with proper whitespace.
  • Morbs is the smartest!
  • 07-09-2013 4:34 AM In reply to

Ben L.:
    Just in case you're still looking after half a year, I find this pretty nifty. It's great for those sites that minify their only copy of the JavaScript and then you have to debug it. Much easier to read with proper whitespace.
    Did that site lose the ability to pretty print PHP since you posted the link? Or did you just not read the OP?

Let the healing begin!

• I may not agree with everything Morbs just said, but he expresses himself in a way that is dignified, respectful, polite and non-threatening!
  • 07-10-2013 12:22 PM In reply to

You've already found something, but sublime text has a reindent function.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)