Milwaukee PC

• FIVE MEGABYTES FREE FOR JUST $34.99/MONTH

You can use all the technologies displayed in the header! As long as you don't use them at the same time.

Need productivity software? WE HAVE MICROSOFT OFFICE, MICROSOFT OFFICE, QUICKEN, MICROSOFT OFFICE, WORDPERFECT, AND MICROSOFT OFFICE!

Award winning graphical design software such as VISUAL STUDIO 2010

• @Ben L. said:

Need productivity software? WE HAVE MICROSOFT OFFICE, MICROSOFT OFFICE, QUICKEN, MICROSOFT OFFICE, WORDPERFECT, AND MICROSOFT OFFICE!
    Somene needs to learn about punctuation beyond the comma.

(Either that or this is the 21st century's answer to spam, spam, bacon, spam, tomato and spam.)

•  I like how they give you an option twice as good as their "best": really going that extra mile for the customer, delivering Ultimate speeds that slow.

• $5 says that their web designer used to design ads for the back pages of Tiger Direct and PC World. I reflexively looked at the bottom of the page for a BBS #.

• [i]Static IP Address Starting @ $74.99 / Month[/i]
    So just assigning you the same IP every time you connect costs over twice as much as to give you Internet access, and it's more expensive the faster your connection is. They really must be running out of addresses.

• @spamcourt said:

Static IP Address Starting @ $74.99 / Month
    So just assigning you the same IP every time you connect costs over twice as much as to give you Internet access, and it's more expensive the faster your connection is. They really must be running out of addresses.

That is a WTF! I pay $40/month for my home DSL (ADSL2+) which includes a free static IP address, without any port blocking that I've noticed, and "everything" is expensive here in Australia. FWIW My home connection is "up to 24Mbps" but since my phone line is about 3km long it only connects at ~7Mbps. :/

It's cheaper to sign up in-store? Most places I've heard of the opposite is true.

• My favourite part is how "good" internet is apparently 56k...

• @Zemm said:

port blocking

So you can use ports 21, 22, 25, 80, 137, 443 and 8080? WHAT MAGIC IS THIS¿

• @Zemm said:

It's cheaper to sign up in-store? Most places I've heard of the opposite is true.
    They're tryng to lure you into the store so they can sell you Monster Cables that will make your MP3s sound better.

• <font style="font-size: 18pt; color: green">THE HOME OF THE FUTURE IS NOW, THE HOME OF THE PAST IS OUR SITE, HAVE TDWTF EXPLAIN YOU WHY!</font>

• @SEMI-HYBRID code said:

THE HOME OF THE FUTURE IS NOW, THE HOME OF THE PAST IS OUR SITE, HAVE TDWTF EXPLAIN YOU WHY!

damn, they've got no bold and a different, uglier shade of green. I unintentionally made them look better.

• BINNED

@Nook Schreier said:

I like how they give you an option twice as good as their "best": really going that extra mile for the customer, delivering Ultimate speeds that slow.

6M MAXIMUM DOWNSTREAM caugth my eye as well. Hell, even here I could, in theory, get 24M, and this damned country is in the middle of nowhere. Granted, it really is only theoretical since infrastructure is so bad.

On the other hand, my current connection I'm working from is 2M which includes 3 phone lines and is about $30. Fixed IP is around $100 a month no matter what you pay for the service though. Also, I know port 80 is blocked, 22 works, haven't checked the other common ones since only two things I cared about are Apache and SSH. So I guess it kinda evens out, but I never expected I will be able to compare internet connection prices with US and get roughly the same numbers.

• @Ben L. said:

FIVE MEGABYTES FREE FOR JUST $34.99/MONTH
    Wow, sounds like the offering from one of my past ISPs ... from 1996.

• @El_Heffe said:

They're tryng to lure you into the store so they can sell you Monster Cables that will make your MP3s sound better.

Dude, they really open up the sound, giving it more punch. It's like night and day.

• :( :( :(

That speed at that price is actually better than what I'm getting right now in central PA's competition-free Comcastland. I get about 4-8 Mbps for ~$50/mo. Theoretically it should be much, much faster than that, but it's not.

That's it, I'm moving.

(A few counties away I know you can get Verizon FiOS for less than that... but not where I live. Ugh.)

• @Xyro said:

(A few counties away I know you can get Verizon FiOS for less than that... but not where I live. Ugh.)

In Washington State, Frontier bought-out Verizon's non-cellphone-services, and instantly stopped FIOS rollouts. So now I'm in Comcastland also. It's either that or unbelievably awful DSL with no chance of ever getting a FIOS upgrade.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM.

[url=http://milwaukeepc.com/Services/Podcasts/]I dare you to listen. I fucking dare you.[/url]

• @Lorne Kates said:

Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM

10:06AM? That's oddly specific.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Vanders said:

@Lorne Kates said:

News, weather and traffic are predictably at the top of the hour on that sort of station.

• @boomzilla said:

@Vanders said:
    @Lorne Kates said:

News, weather and traffic are predictably at the top of the hour on that sort of station.

What if the news runs over by 30 seconds and the show doesn't start until 10:06:30? I might tune in at precisely 10:06 and get confused. This just isn't good enough: they should provide an error margin in their alarmingly precise timing.

• I think they shopped the hands in on this page: http://milwaukeepc.com/interns.asp

WTF are those intern's hands grabbing at?

And here we have a real neckbeared: http://milwaukeepc.com/ViewLocation.asp?StoreID=16

• @pauly said:

I think they shopped the hands in on this page: http://milwaukeepc.com/interns.asp

WTF are those intern's hands grabbing at?

It looks like they took stock art of servers, stock art of hands, and stock art of arms and badly photoshopped them together. You can see where the original hands from the arms were and how the sleeve noticeably changes color and angle just before the wrist.

Because, y'know, it's hard to take a picture of someone's hands near a server in a store that sells servers.

• @Lorne Kates said:

The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM.

I dare you to listen. I fucking dare you.

WTF? I went to the mostly empty page you linked to, and I clicked on "2012." It launched my email app, which then gave me 2 errors saying it couldn't use the given data. WTF?

• @dcardani said:

mostly empty page

Really? Because for me it says:

Milwaukee PC - Radio Show http://www.MilwaukeePC.com en-us © 2012 Milwaukee PC, Inc. Milwaukee PC - Radio Show http://www.MilwaukeePC.com/Services/Podcasts/Images/MPC_PODCAST.jpg http://www.MilwaukeePC.com Computer and Technology Show Milwaukee PC, Inc. The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. Milwaukee PC, Inc. mpcradio@milwaukeepc.com Hardware, Software, Internet no no 01 Jan 2012 00:01:00 -500 07 Jul 2011 11:52:00 -500 #267 : Computer & Technology Show for June 30th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 30 Jun 2012 10:06:00 -500 45:17 Hardware, Software, Internet #266 : Computer & Technology Show for June 23rd, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 23 Jun 2012 10:06:00 -500 46:14 Hardware, Software, Internet #265 : Computer & Technology Show for June 16th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 16 Jun 2012 10:06:00 -500 43:01 Hardware, Software, Internet #264 : Computer & Technology Show for June 9th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 09 Jun 2012 10:06:00 -500 47:18 Hardware, Software, Internet #263 : Computer & Technology Show for June 2nd, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 02 Jun 2012 10:06:00 -500 41:37 Hardware, Software, Internet #262 : Computer & Technology Show for May 26th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 26 May 2012 10:06:00 -500 52:40 Hardware, Software, Internet #261 : Computer & Technology Show for May 19th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 19 May 2012 10:06:00 -500 32:50 Hardware, Software, Internet #260 : Computer & Technology Show for May 12th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 12 May 2012 10:06:00 -500 45:13 Hardware, Software, Internet #259 : Computer & Technology Show for May 5th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 05 May 2012 10:06:00 -500 42:21 Hardware, Software, Internet #258 : Computer & Technology Show for April 28th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 28 Apr 2012 10:06:00 -500 44:04 Hardware, Software, Internet #257 : Computer & Technology Show for April 21st, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 21 Apr 2012 10:06:00 -500 41:41 Hardware, Software, Internet #256 : Computer & Technology Show for April 14th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 14 Apr 2012 10:06:00 -500 43:14 Hardware, Software, Internet #255 : Computer & Technology Show for April 7th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 07 Apr 2012 10:06:00 -500 44:50 Hardware, Software, Internet #254 : Computer & Technology Show for March 31st, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 31 Mar 2012 10:06:00 -500 40:14 Hardware, Software, Internet #253 : Computer & Technology Show for March 24th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 24 Mar 2012 10:06:00 -500 44:51 Hardware, Software, Internet #252 : Computer & Technology Show for March 17th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 17 Mar 2012 10:06:00 -500 43:33 Hardware, Software, Internet #251 : Computer & Technology Show for March 10th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 10 Mar 2012 10:06:00 -500 46:10 Hardware, Software, Internet #250 : Computer & Technology Show for March 3rd, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 03 Mar 2012 10:06:00 -500 42:39 Hardware, Software, Internet #249 : Computer & Technology Show for February 25th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 25 Feb 2012 10:06:00 -500 42:36 Hardware, Software, Internet #248 : Computer & Technology Show for February 18th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 18 Feb 2012 10:06:00 -500 43:23 Hardware, Software, Internet #247 : Computer & Technology Show for February 11th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 11 Feb 2012 10:06:00 -500 42:46 Hardware, Software, Internet #246 : Computer & Technology Show for February 4th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 04 Feb 2012 10:06:00 -500 42:27 Hardware, Software, Internet #245 : Computer & Technology Show for January 28th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 28 Jan 2012 10:06:00 -500 38:24 Hardware, Software, Internet #244 : Computer & Technology Show for January 21st, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 21 Jan 2012 10:06:00 -500 44:15 Hardware, Software, Internet #243 : Computer & Technology Show for January 14th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 14 Jan 2012 10:06:00 -500 42:54 Hardware, Software, Internet #242 : Computer & Technology Show for January 7th, 2012 Milwaukee PC provides computer information and news while answering your calls live and on-air. Milwaukee PC, Inc. Computer and Technology Show The Computer and Technology Show, hosted by Milwaukee PC, is a live computer information and phone call-in show that airs every Saturday morning from 10:06AM - 11AM exclusively on WISN 1130 AM. 07 Jan 2012 10:06:00 -500 45:56 Hardware, Software, Internet

With that exact formatting.

• @dcardani said:

WTF? I went to the mostly empty page you linked to, and I clicked on "2012." It launched my email app, which then gave me 2 errors saying it couldn't use the given data. WTF?

Looks like it's trying to open an RSS feed. On Chrome, it gave me a "dangerous" download (an XML file) and then popped up a little "you have no RSS reader, select one to install" dialog.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@dcardani said:

@Lorne Kates said:

I dare you to listen. I fucking dare you.

I get a page with a frame (yes) to their podcast feed. Here's a direct link:

[url=http://milwaukeepc.com/Services/Podcasts/Index.xml]http://milwaukeepc.com/Services/Podcasts/Index.xml[/url]