The Daily WTF: Curious Perversions in Information Technology
Welcome to TDWTF Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

FIRST

Last post 07-09-2011 6:30 PM by zzo38. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2011 11:39 AM

FIRST

:D

• 06-09-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

Re: FIRST

What in the world?
    ╩юфют√ь ёЄЁрэшЎрь яюЁр эр яхэёш■.

#TDWTF @ SlashNET was merged into #codelove @ the same network. You're still welcome to drop by. I guess.
  • 06-09-2011 1:44 PM In reply to

• galgorah
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cambridge, Ma
    • Posts 730

Spectre:
    What in the world?

Who said it's of the world?
    Reformed Developer and SQL Server DBA
  • 06-09-2011 1:53 PM In reply to

btw, i wonder who (probably in the web early history) has been the very first moron to be (i mean "claim to be") frist ?

Ionian peculiar of Pervertiti in the technology of the process of the data
  • 06-09-2011 2:10 PM In reply to

toshir0:

btw, i wonder who (probably in the web early history) has been the very first moron to be (i mean "claim to be") frist ?

According to Uncyclopedia, it was Thomas Watson, who said it to Alexander Graham Bell back on June 2nd 1875. That, interestingly enough, was also the date of Watson's death, although old forensic methods used made the cause inconclusive.

• 06-09-2011 2:55 PM In reply to

So... what is this topic for?

Like if I post a question on a Linux forum, and I get RTFA as a response, I'm supposed to post it here?

<-  I couldn't make my shit work, so here's a Godzilla head.
  • 06-09-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

• galgorah
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cambridge, Ma
    • Posts 730

blakeyrat:
    So... what is this topic for?

Like if I post a question on a Linux forum, and I get RTFA as a response, I'm supposed to post it here?

Yep.  Thats the jist of what Ammoq mentioned earlier.  It's a place for folks to post stuff that over zealous mods on others sites would just close out.
  • 06-09-2011 3:27 PM In reply to

galgorah:
    Yep.  Thats the jist of what Ammoq mentioned earlier.
    Mentioned earlier where? It's not in this thread...
  • 06-09-2011 3:44 PM In reply to

• galgorah
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cambridge, Ma
    • Posts 730

blakeyrat:
    galgorah:
    Yep.  Thats the jist of what Ammoq mentioned earlier.
    Mentioned earlier where? It's not in this thread...
    In the moderators forum.  This new subforum is in a way a statement as he put it.  In forums on other sites when someone posts a question thats been asked before it is often closed due to a similar question having been asked before (maybe years earlier).  That doesn't really help the OP, who then has to slog through years of posts to find the thread which may not even be relevant anymore.

• 06-09-2011 4:48 PM In reply to

• ammoQ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-13-2005
    • Vienna.Austria.Europe.Earth
    • Posts 3,530

I've created this forum as a response to an ongoing metadiscussion in programmers.stackexchange.com, where the current mods have been doing a big cleanup recently, closing lots of popular (by their own clever ranking system) questions. But of course everybody else is welcome as well.
    beanbag girl 4ever ... or maybe Astah girl?
  • 06-10-2011 4:45 PM In reply to

ammoQ:
    I've created this forum as a response to an ongoing metadiscussion in programmers.stackexchange.com, where the current mods have been doing a big cleanup recently, closing lots of popular (by their own clever ranking system) questions. But of course everybody else is welcome as well.

Ah, I thought you were inventing a forum to contain SpectateSwamp. Something akin to the phantom zone from Superman 2.

• 06-10-2011 4:46 PM In reply to

Did you mean FRIST?

I am incoherent in several languages.
  • 06-15-2011 11:19 AM In reply to

At some point someone should post one of these questions...
  • 06-16-2011 12:37 PM In reply to

• ammoQ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-13-2005
    • Posts 3,530

blakeyrat:
    Well, seems like those people who had their questions closed haven't found this refuge yet, and I'm not sure if we should invite them... let's just keep it open for the TDWTF community.
  • 06-16-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

• serguey123
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-30-2010
    • Candyland (formely known as Corruptsylvania)
    • Posts 1,789

ammoQ:
    blakeyrat:
    Well, seems like those people who had their questions closed haven't found this refuge yet, and I'm not sure if we should invite them... let's just keep it open for the TDWTF community.

So people from other forums should come here to ask questions that has been closed elsewhere?  How would they find out? I don't think this website is that popular however I'll tell others if you like. I mean this site is not overly moderated, that is one of the things I like about it.

#100085 +(531)- [X]

<jome> I suppose there are bad coders, there are really bad coders, there are fucking retards, and there's coders writing lines like this: $resultscode = $resultscode - 0;

• 06-17-2011 4:51 AM In reply to

ammoQ:
    haven't found this refuge yet,

I'm sure you've told them? :)

In complex analysis, a meromorphic function on an open subset D of the complex plane is a function that is holomorphic on all D except a set of isolated points

• 06-17-2011 5:15 AM In reply to

• ammoQ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-13-2005
    • Posts 3,530

serguey123:

ammoQ:
    blakeyrat:

So people from other forums should come here to ask questions that has been closed elsewhere?  How would they find out? I don't think this website is that popular however I'll tell others if you like. I mean this site is not overly moderated, that is one of the things I like about it.

Generally speaking, questions in this particular forum ("Questions closed elsewhere") could just as well asked e.g. in "General Discussion", therefore posting here is also some kind of political statement against overmoderation. If it was just for getting an answer at all, there wouldn't be a need for this forum, since, as you have correctly noticed, this site is not overly moderated.

• 06-17-2011 5:25 AM In reply to

• ammoQ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-13-2005
    • Posts 3,530

dhromed:

ammoQ:
    haven't found this refuge yet,

I'm sure you've told them? :)

Well, not yet. AFAIK there is (or has been in the past) a commercial relationship between Alex Papadimoulis and Jeff Atwood, and I don't want to interfere with that by spamming for TDWTF at StackExchange.

• 06-17-2011 8:48 AM In reply to

ammoQ:
    Well, not yet. AFAIK there is (or has been in the past) a commercial relationship between Alex Papadimoulis and Jeff Atwood, and I don't want to interfere with that by spamming for TDWTF at StackExchange.
    I think Alex is taking care of a lot of their marketing but I can't be buggered to go listen to the podcast where they said that.

SpectateSwamp exposing aliens. Obviously the World needs SSDS

[10:07] <fatdog> so from now on.. be sure to wear nice clean underwear
    [10:07] <mps> fatdog: That is simply not going to happen
  • 07-09-2011 6:30 PM In reply to

TWENTIETH
    Let's using TeXnicard.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)